MYS CTSM KL - FIU Governance & Oversight – Regulatory Transaction Reporting Officer (VP)
Citibank’s APAC FIU Governance and Oversight Team (“APAC FIU G&O”) is responsible for ensuring that centralized oversight activities for the Regulatory Transaction Reporting (“RTR”) and Financial Intelligence Units in the APAC region are completed on time and in accordance with established APAC and Global FIU Standards. The APAC FIU RTR Officer will report to the APAC FIU RTR Head.
The APAC FIU RTR Officer is responsible for the oversight and governance of the RTR Program in the APAC region. The RTR Officer assists the RTR Head in executing the oversight and delivery of the AML related regulatory transaction reporting activities (i.e., Cash Transaction Report, Wire Transaction Report, etc.) in the APAC region in accordance with established Global Regulatory Reporting Policy and Standards and local procedures. These regulatory reporting requirements vary among jurisdictions, and are managed at the local level. The RTR Officer will have additional responsibility of supporting the execution of Strategic Programs which directly influence the transaction regulatory reporting in the APAC region and Quality Assurance activities. The RTR Officer will routinely need to facilitate adaptive change to meet the demands of a dynamic and regulatory environment and oversee program enhancement activities in the APAC region. This role will support compliance with corporate policies for process improvements and embed more effective controls.
Key Responsibilities (to include but are not limited to):
- Assists RTR Head in executing the oversight and delivery of the AML regulatory transaction reporting activities governed by the Global FIU RTR Program, in accordance with established Global Regulatory Reporting Policy and Standards and local procedures.
- Hosts periodic regional regulatory reporting governance forum and incorporates into an existing committee or forum as a standing agenda item, in order to enable socialization and oversight to each country’s local requirements. The standing items should include an assessment of metrics containing elements and meeting the reporting requirements in established regulatory reporting policy and standards to identify risk or anomalies.
- Permanent working group member of the Global RTR Program, Regional Regulatory Reporting, and other appropriate governance forums.
- Ensures a robust process to collect, consolidate and present the required reporting elements to the respective governance structure and the AML Program Reporting Office.
- Reviews and assesses results of Country Regulatory Reporting Contact assessments and validations related to local law changes and local regulator requests re-filings, regulatory reporting metrics, Issue/CAP details and progress, any updates to regulation management, QA/MCA results, etc. as appropriate.
- Escalates regulatory reporting matters of concern to the RTR Head, AML Program Reporting office and to Regional and Global Governance Committees, as appropriate.
- Escalate issues or action items identified at the local, regional or global forum, as necessary, to the appropriate teams and governance channels to address and action.
- Verifies countries which do not have a local regulatory reporting-related requirement continue to remain out of scope. In the event an out of scope country’s regulatory obligation changes to include tracking and/or reporting, the Regional Regulatory Reporting Contact must assist the country to identify a Country Regulatory Reporting Contact and provide guidance for the country’s related regulatory reporting process(es). In addition, the Region Regulatory Reporting Contact must inform the AML Program Reporting Office of the new country requirement and of the Country Regulatory Reporting Contact.
- Assists RTR Head in directing and assigning duties to staff that carries out duties on behalf of Regional RTR Unit
- Ensures that all regional RTR duties are carried out effectively and in a manner consistent with established APAC and Global Regulatory Reporting Policy and Standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience; Master’s degree a plus
- 8 – 10 years of AML Compliance experience in a sizeable financial institution, with previous experience conducting AML regulatory reporting function or within an Internal Audit or Compliance Testing function focused on AML
- 6+ years of Financial Crimes, AML Investigations, or Operational Risk experience
- 5+ years in managerial role in a production or operational environment
- Demonstrated success delivering in a high-volume, goal-based production/operations-based environment
- Preferred additional risk management experience in AML regulatory reporting related matters
- Preferred additional experience in stakeholder engagement with AML, Compliance Risk Management, Technology, and other relevant support functions
- AML Certification or additional studies related to AML or financial crimes
- Good knowledge of the laws and regulations relating to AML/CFT, FATCA regulations and practices
- Solid experience reviewing, interpreting, and implementing Regional or Global Standards and Procedures
- Good knowledge of financial products is a plus
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Ability to both work independently without supervision, as well as collaborate with team members
- Bank Secrecy Act knowledge
- Knowledge of AML Regulatory Reporting Policy and Standards and country-level regulatory reporting requirements in the APAC region
- Knowledge of Citi’s IA and Compliance Testing methodologies and ability to drive engagement with all key stakeholders
- Ability to drive Targeted Reviews and identify key Risk Areas for effective AML regulatory reporting risk mitigation
- Excellent knowledge of regulatory reporting processes and requirements
- In order to drive Strategic Programs Implementation and provide oversight, candidate should
- Have demonstrated experience in Change Management, Strategic Business Analysis and Process Reengineering
- Have deep knowledge of Citi’s AML related systems and Tools to effectively influence the process enhancements
- Be able to work with cross functional areas, e.g. AML, Compliance Risk Management, Technology and country-level stakeholders to drive changes
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Solid PC skills (Microsoft Office)
- Enforce Global Standards for AML Regulatory Reporting, measure performance on a periodic basis and highlight any risk areas with key stakeholders.
- Solid leadership skills and ability to direct and motivate staff with integrity and ethics
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment collaborating across diverse groups
- Experience in creating and implementing processes across AML/BSA related groups
- Strong mentor, tutor, coach for Country Regulatory Reporting Coordinators
- Ability to motivate staff, improve newly-developed processes and identify opportunities for improvements to efficiency, productivity, and quality control
- Collaborate with site and business management in addressing identified opportunities through projects and initiatives.
- Negotiation Skills: Influence others by presenting sound rationale for thoughts/ideas; Persuade others on the best way to move forward by providing sound arguments for your opinion
- Conflict Resolution: Ability to deal with confrontation and resolve conflict
- Self-Directed: Helps to be more effective with the volume of work and produce better quality of work by prioritizing work in a fast pace and high volume environment
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Job Family:AML Core
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs