Financial Intelligence Unit Lead
The Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) Lead is a senior professional level role responsible for leading, conducting AML investigations and review investigative work in relation to high risk customers to prevent money laundering and assist in all matters concerning financial crimes in coordination with the broader Anti-Money Laundering (AML) team. The overall objective is to manage a team, utilize in-depth specialty knowledge to identify issues/problems and devise recommendations for complex situations.
- Conduct AML investigations and review investigative work performed by FIU analysts or investigative units in relation to high risk customers.
- Present findings of investigations to senior managers of AML Compliance and Senior Management team.
- Perform compliance reviews (on-boarding and maintenance), particularly in relation to high risk customers.
- Lead ad-hoc projects and provide appropriate guidance to members of the project teams.
- Responsible for the appropriate collection and analysis of documents to assist in identifying unusual transaction patterns.
- Conduct research via available Bank systems and commercial databases, as well as the Internet.
- Interface with relevant units and the business in regards to compliance reviews, investigations, as well as other ad-hoc projects.
- Document review findings, ensure awareness of conclusions and prepare a report of findings for Compliance and Business management.
- Review and filing of Suspicious Transaction Reporting (STR), recommend relationship retention or termination, and track recommendations and account closures, as required.
- Responsible for communicating with senior managers and members of the Business to ensure findings are incorporated in all aspects of the AML control program.
- Conduct QA reviews of case files, case tracking logs and various AML processes.
- Manage a team of AML professionals by directing daily asks to accomplish established goals, and conducting personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions)
- Plan, budget and formulate policy within area of expertise
- Work with functional partners to determine that potential risks or escalated issues are vetted and addressed
- Advise, develop and implement AML standards and policies in compliance with regulatory changes
- Supervise and participate in internal assurance processes such AML risk assessments, self-assessments, and internal audits
- Analyze data, monitor/escalate issues and present reports related to AML risk assessments
- Promote global and cross functional consistency of AML ACRM practices and policies
- Assess complex issues, structure potential solutions, and advise on excellent resolutions
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in:
- conducting AML investigations, including undertaking customer transaction reviews and open source research, with the aim of identifying potentially suspicious activity;
- conducting Know Your Customer (KYC) related tasks, particularly on high risk customers; and
- preparing/reviewing and/or filing Suspicious Transaction Reports (STRs).
- Familiar with AML typologies and risks associated with banking
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) certification required
- Previous supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements including local, US, and international laws
- Working knowledge of industry standards and practices
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Graduate Degree from a recognized university (Accountancy, Banking, Business, Economics or Law) or relevant professional qualification in financial services or audit.
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
The candidate must possess:
- Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface and partner with Citi businesses across APAC countries subject to the Regional FIU’s oversight.
- Strong negotiation, analytical and organizational skills.
- The ability to work effectively, under pressure, in a rapidly changing environment, as well as autonomously and as an effective member of a dynamic team.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral, particularly in the context of delivering clear and concise recommendations and feedback.
- Strong analytic skills and a good understanding of conducting funds tracing and transaction analysis using Excel.
- Excellent research skills including experience with online research tools and databases.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Must be familiar with the following materials:
- Laws and regulations applicable to money laundering in Malaysia -
Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorism Financing and Proceed ofUnlawful Activities Act 2001 (AMLATFA). Knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), the USA Patriot Act, OFAC will be an added advantage
- Understanding on the various AML/CFT guidelines issued by Bank Negara Malaysia, Labuan FSA & Securities Commission.
- Requirements and reporting of Suspicious Transaction Report (STR) and related guidelines; and
- The Recommendations of the Financial Action Task Force on Money Laundering (FATF), including recent FATF Annual Reports.
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Job Family:AML Compliance & Risk Mgmt
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs