Risk Governance Risk Head
The Risk Governance Head is a strategic professional who has strong control sense to assure proper control governance is in place which fully adhere to the internal and regulatory governance requirement. With demonstrated ability to asses control governance risks and drive actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to control breaks. It is important for the incumbent to cultivate the right risk and control culture to strengthen and meet the internal and regulatory heightened control standard to secure the license to operate the Business within the predefined Risk Appetite, Control and Compliance framework according to the business strategy, regulatory and market landscape. Typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Accountable for significant direct business results or authoritative advice regarding the operations of the business. Necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy. Primarily affects a sub-function. Responsible for handling staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project.
- Oversee and manage key regulatory interactions (formal examinations, on-going supervisions, ad-hoc regulatory deliverables) that span across Risk Management and areas with oversight responsibilities, businesses, products, support and control functions.
- Implement regulatory governance standards to ensure consistency of processes across the organization for all phases of the regulatory interaction lifecycle.
- Act as the central point of Risk Management escalation for key regulatory issues, partnering with Senior In-Business Control Officers and Independent Credit Risk Management to determine if similar issues impact other aspects of the franchise and to ensure responses to deficiencies identified by regulators appropriately address the root cause, clearly define the corrective actions and are properly reported in the Citi systems.
- Track and monitor regulatory issues, regulatory commitments and enforcement actions from onset through conclusion that is relevant to Risk Management, to ensure appropriate reporting in various senior forums including up to the legal entity Risk Management Committee and Board.
- Actively inform and update senior management about ongoing and upcoming regulatory examinations, as well as status and health of open regulatory issues.
- Communicate to all stakeholders on a timely basis in a clear way.
- Co-ordinate the end-to-end scenario plan, US and local stress testing, ICAAP & SDST annual stress testing of Risk Management
- Coordinate various governance meeting materials (i.e. Legal Entity Risk Management Committee, Credit Risk Forum etc.) and logistics
- Manage various control and quality assurance process (i.e. Manager Credit Assessment/Quality Assurance Framework/Business Monitoring/Continuity of Business etc.)
- Outsourcing, vendor management, counterparty risk and key money risk management
- Act as a central contact point of Risk Management for regulatory and internal audit review and examination
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Develop talent and cultivate right risk culture and enhance the risk and control processes of Risk Management
- 10+ years experience in Compliance and Control as well as Risk Governance
- Experience in audit, control and compliance related to lending products and consumer credit cycle credit processes
- Good interpersonal and project management skills to work with other stakeholders in implementing new governance framework, policies
- Broad understanding of the Regulatory governance/reporting requirement and risks in instilling adequate control framework to ascertain proper execution
- Strong control sense and in-depth knowledge on Consumer Credit cycle
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Adaptive to change and capable of multi-tasking
- Experienced in handling Audit and Regulator
- Familiar with Banking Supervisory guidelines and regulatory requirements to support the governance process
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs