Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Regional Investigations Group Manager, SVPApply Now Locations: Kowloon, Kowloon City Job Function: Security Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19131034
The CSIS Investigations Grp Mgr is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
- An Investigator will be responsible for the coordination and investigation of high level fraud matters and/or network security incidents
- This role will utilize sophisticated expertise in investigative interviewing, fraud identification, loss prevention, network security, cyber enabled fraud, to identify fraud activities, schemes, trends and organized rings that create a risk to our firm, its employees, shareholders, systems, assets and clients
- Establish/enhance an overall Global Investigations Program for the coverage region
- Define the strategy, model and approach for escalation, response, policy development, data quality, reporting and compliance
- Act as a strategic business partner/key advisor and create an effective interaction model that incorporate the full fraud cycle of protection, investigation and prevention.
- Ensure that all allegations of fraud and misconduct, Code of Conduct and ethics violations are properly investigated and managed in a professional and consistent manner
- Work with regional in-business partners to implement appropriate controls and measures to protect company staff, assets, business operations, and intellectual property
- Direct and manage all staffing activities: hiring, establishing performance expectations/goals/objectives, managing staff performance, disciplinary actions, terminations promotions and staff compensation decisions.
- Establish methods for information sharing of trends and techniques, industry information, protocols and training on investigative processes
- Serve as an active member of the senior Investigative team with input in the overall strategic direction and decision making for the Investigative function
- Manage budget, year-end compensation pool and expense approvals
- Establish a cost-effective operating model that maximizes return on investment (ROI)
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with local regulatory bodies, law enforcement, intelligence agencies, sister bank network, and industry professional associations and keep abreast of the local and international environment
- Conduct professional briefings on specific investigations to senior leadership inside and outside the firm
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years of experience
- Managed team of Investigations managers, investigative professionals and resources
- Established effective relationships with senior business leaders and internal partners
- Managed complex investigative cases projects that have global consequences as well as civil and criminal implications
- Evaluated/reviewed, developed and implemented investigations processes to effectively address process and technique changes as needed in their role
- Demonstrated a clear understanding of investigation techniques and shares those insights appropriately with others
- Has detailed understanding of all basic investigative concepts including report writing, cyber threat analysis, strategic forecasting, conducting lessons learned and regional expertise
- Has experience with or understanding of potential global economic threats (e.g., cyber threats, global impact threats, foreign threats, etc.)
- Understanding of levers (both controllable and uncontrollable) that may impact fraud loss
- Experience with e-discovery tools, forensic accounting and data analytic
- Domestic and International travel
- Flexibility to work on call off hours/weekends during critical project phases if necessary
- Bachelors degree, potentially Masters degree and managerial experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Must have -
- background and understanding of investigations;
- relevant regulatory or banking experience;
- excellent judgment and common sense;
- Strong drafting and communications skills
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - HK
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.