MD Head of Public Affairs, HK/NEA
The External Comms Group Head manages multiple teams of senior professionals through other senior managers. The job requires a broad and comprehensive understanding of the different systems, theories and practices relevant to a function as well as practical experience of multiple business cycles. In-depth knowledge of the industry and direct competitors' products/services is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/ or area of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to influence a wide range of audiences. The job is likely to be involved in both internal and external negotiations which will have a major impact on the area managed, and possibly on other related areas and organization as a whole. Develops medium- to long-term plans and executes functional strategies for a large/complex country, cluster of countries, or business requiring coordination and integration across units. Provides input into strategic decisions affecting job family or function within a region or business. Full management responsibility of multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning. Has authority to negotiate and make independent decisions on issues/activities that have critical impact or influence on company revenues, capital or business operations. Typically, a direct report to an C16 role and sits on the highest functional leadership team within a region, job function, or global business.
- Lead a Corporate Communications strategy that enhances Citi’s profile and reflects business strategy and key business drivers.
- Manage Citi’s external profile and reputation through oversight of media relations; actively engage, cultivate and manage press relationships.
- Develop and implement short-and long-term strategies for proactive media relations programs to favorably position Citi and its leadership team within the trade, business and financial press.
- Establish, develop and enhance relationships with press and identify opportunities for Citi to enhance its image.
- Ensure an effective crisis and issues management program is in place that signals an early warning for any scenario that could be distracting or disruptive to the company.
- Oversee proactive on reputational management issues such as sustainability, government relations and philanthropy.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with internal business leaders to maintain consistent positioning and messaging to ensure company stories are in sync; partner effectively with government relations.
- Manage the company’s financial communications, including quarterly earnings prep and scripts, media outreach, annual report and leadership content for investor presentations.
- Provide guidance to Public relations (PR) agencies to effectively convey the Company’s priorities and strategy to influential external audiences and stakeholders.
- Serve as a key member of the Global Public Affairs Senior Management Team providing communications insight and input.
- Develop, motivate and retain a high performance team.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15 + years of relevant experience, 10+ years of managerial experience
- Exceptional media relations experience
- Business acumen with fluency in financial communications.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier reporters and editors, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media.
- Significant stature and credibility externally; trusted advisor internally.
- Record of success with global crisis management.
- Served as a counselor and advisor to a CEO, a political leader, or a high profile principal and is accustomed to the pace of a global business.
- Ability to present and articulate a point of view with the senior leadership team, inner circle and media as it relates to complex subject matters.
- Highly articulate with outstanding judgment and intuition.
- Integrity, maturity, dependability, a positive professional attitude.
- A “campaign mindset” with the ability to assess threats and defend the company or strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team based environment.
- An excellent spokesperson possessing excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Bachelors degree, potentially Masters degree; managerial experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:Communications and External Relations
Job Family:Communications Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs