Head of In-Business Risk and Control
In-Business Risk & Controls (IBRC) organization is an integral part of Citi Commercial bank (CCB) and drives consistency across CCB for addressing risk and control issues. CCB IBRC fosters a culture of control and customer centricity and accountability by leading efforts to identify, anticipate and mitigate regulatory, reputational, and operational risks.
Roles in the risk and controls space are critical to managing a safe and sound global business. The primary function of IBRC is to anticipate, identify and mitigate non-credit risks, including operational, compliance, reputational and performance risks, that could impact business objectives, and to minimize control breaks, poor audit/exam results and operational risk events and losses. IBRC staff work with the business to determine appropriate mitigants to key risks, including advising them on how to design appropriate controls through a globally consistent MCA, and in overseeing the implementation of various elements of the business’s overarching Risk Appetite Framework. The IBRC team also helps to instill a robust risk and controls culture throughout the business through a strong issues and audit/exam management discipline.
Head of IBRC, HK is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
- Oversees the building and maintaining the control/audit function working across a region/business
- Responsible for, inventory management process, vendor business support and TPISA controls for Recovery.
- Leads team to develop process improvements and value for end users via control team.
- Leads continual assessment and improvement of the 3rd party Vendor oversight processes to include oversight of onsite and remote audits for 3rd parties, and ensuring compliance with Third Party policies.
- Responsible for strategic planning, budgeting and policy formulation for the group including capacity planning and team development.
- Responsible for interaction and thought leadership in working with both Internal Audit and External regulators, and ownership of quarter end control results reviews with Collections Leadership and Business Partners.
- Responsible for change control process oversight for Collections and Recovery as well as oversight for multiple quality monitoring/quality control work.
- Collaborate on changes and to internal and regulatory policies as well oversight for Compliance monitoring and testing.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years of prior experience in regulatory compliance related work – Internal Audit, Risk management, Internal Procedures and Controls required
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally exercising leadership through influence, persuasion and negotiation
- Exemplary thought leadership skills; able to build and lead strategic initiatives
- Excellent relationship management skills
- History of interactions with both Internal and External Regulators
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Master degree
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Job Family:Business Control
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
Featured Career Areas
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs