Global Consumer Bank - Head of Segment and Digital Value Proposition, Director
The Head of Customer Segment, International Personal Banking & Digital Value Proposition manages multiple teams through other managers. In-depth understanding of how own sub-function contributes to achieving the objectives of the function. A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the relevant part of the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary. Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed. Determines approach to implementing functional strategy. Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s). Impact reflects size of team managed, strategic influence on the business and interaction with other functions or businesses. Full management responsibility for multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. May be doing involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities.
- This is a senior role which is part of the Global Product Team, with ownership of retail customer propositions, product strategy, product positioning, business management, sales enablement, and partnership/alliance development and management
- This position will have significant senior-level exposure and play a leading role in managing the current customers portfolio and product set, and determining long-term strategy as well as the allocation of investment dollars to execute the strategy globally
- As a Global Product Manager this role will oversee product strategy for a portfolio of solutions and services, including retail customer acquisition, portfolio management, client engagement, product cross-selling and organizing client events.
- The role will also be responsible for Customer Experience, defining our strategy and overseeing the execution of the underlying initiatives
- The role will also take care of the digital value proposition which includes the digital client journey development, coordinating with technology, operations and product teams to develop a digital platform that can enhance the client’s digital experience.
- This role will be required to drive action across the organization (esp other functions: Operations, Technology, Sales, Control Functions etc) in order to achieve goals and ensure that a BAU operational model is in place
- The Global Product Manager will also lead development and expansion of partnerships and alliances within the product ecosystem to create innovative and turn-key solutions between Citi products and other players in the ecosystem
- P&L Management (reporting and analyzing financials to ensure goals are being met)
- Management will look to this person to be an evangelist for the product both internally and to the marketplace
- The successful candidate must be both a leader and a team player, working with regional Segment teams, Product teams, Product Sales and Account Management, and functional teams globally
- The Global Product Manager will also work with internal partners to drive the visibility and positioning of the product
- The product manager will also manage customer-level relationships
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years of experience, including 8-10+ years' managerial experience
- Knowledge of industry players and ecosystem, as well as industry networks preferred
- The incumbent will work closely with regional product teams to set and track annual spend and revenue targets, and will be expected to support client discussions to help drive wins, program growth and new deal ramp
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
Job Family Group:Product Management and Development
Job Family:Market Segments and Services
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs