Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Financial Advisor, Citi Wealth AdvisorsApply Now Locations: Kowloon, Kowloon City Job Function: Private Client Coverage Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19130114
The Financial Advisor is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- Responsible for providing a wide variety of financial and investment services to an Ultra high Net Worth client base inThe United States.
- Manage accounts of high net worth investors and jointly develop financial strategies with the Private Bankers.
- Conduct sophisticated economic and financial market analyses.
- Analyze economic trends/activities and advise the effects on the investors' portfolios
- Recommend changes to the investors' holdings after evaluating the economic, financial and market factors and the potential impact on the investors' portfolios.
- Adhere to a specific prospecting code of conduct, which (1) permits acquiring new private client accounts only by referral or personal contact with an individual seeking to do business and (2) prohibits seminars, mail campaigns, cold calling and any other methods of solicitation.
- Develop relationships and generate ideas with the Bankers and the clients that will lead to the growth of the asset base.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of experience
- NYSE Series 7 and 66 licenses and additional licensing as needed
- Proficient in software applications (ex. Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg a definite asset
- Able to work without direction.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and clients.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Strong financial background
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
- Analyze clients’ risk profile and financial condition, render advice and make recommendations to help achieving clients’ financial goals
- Review and respond to clients’ changing needs and financial circumstances
- Develop relationships with clients and acquire new clients through existing networks and internal business referrals
- Stay on top of market news, financial products development and industry trends
- Adhere to the professional and ethical standards set forth by Citi, FINRA, SFC and other regulatory bodies
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in the brokerage/related industry
- University Degree preferred
- Comprehensive industry and investment knowledge
- Proactive and result oriented with strong selling skills
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Good command of English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- HKSI LE Paper 1, 7 and 8 or equivalent
- FINRA (Series 7) registered is preferred
- Candidates with less experience will be considered for Assistant Vice President or Manager
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.