Credit Portfolio Risk Senior Manager, Senior Vice President - Unsecured Products
The Credit Portfolio Group Manager is a senior management-level position responsible for accomplishing results through the management of a team or department to monitor the Citi portfolio and identify credit migration in coordination with the Risk Management team. The overall objective of this role is to lead the management of Citi's portfolio exposure to client and counterparties globally.
- Lead the Portfolio Risk Management Team with emphasis on Strategy & Portfolio management within the defined risk appetite to support the Business strategic priorities in accordance with Citibank credit policies/practices, regulatory policies and prepare, update, and ensure approval of all are in good order
- Conduct analyses related to policy (e.g., benefits tracking), bureau and alternate credit information, risk and reward trade-off, etc. by leveraging data and creating ad-hoc analyses/management information systems (MIS) to determine portfolio performance and accounts quality against baseline objectives and recommend policy changes to ensure financial goals are attained
- Develop, monitor and optimize utilization of various credit decision tools such as TRIAD, Credit Scorecards, Segmentation Models, Credit Bureau attributes, Decision Engine etc. Continuously identify process improvements and efficiencies to support business unit goals through dissecting issues and making recommendations
- Identify business opportunities, develop credit tests and risk strategies, balancing risk and return, and work with cross-functional teams to ensure flawless execution of policy tests and strategies.
- Interact and lead discussion with all stakeholders in the business, senior management (within country, Regional or Global) on credit policy changes, new credit/product proposal and ensuring buy-in from all affected business partners and support business growth including communicating credit policy changes to the appropriate business partners and addressing resources and implementation of changes
- Develop new policies and enhancements to existing policies/processes to support the introduction of new business initiatives for new through the door and portfolio management
- Establish strong partnership across the bank i.e. business, loan operation, finance, compliance, legal etc. to facilitate credit policy, strategic solutions and process streamlining implementation for respective products
- Conduct managerial responsibilities, including coaching/mentoring, performance management and evaluation (including managing the Review the Reviewer process), work assignment management and resource/capacity management, monitoring and escalating as needed
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Support and participate in discussion with Internal Audit Risk Review Team, Fundamental Credit Review (FCR) Team, External Audit Team and Local/US Regulator for portfolio under management
- 10-12 years of consumer unsecured lending experience with analytical or data manipulation tools (e.g., SAS, SQL, R, SPSS)
- Experience in managing unsecured lending portfolio
- Experience with econometric and statistical modeling or application risk scoring
- Experience in big data with knowledge of probabilities/distributions, building decision trees and regression models
- 10-12 years' experience in managing consumer unsecured lending portfolio with analytical or data manipulation tools (e.g., SAS, SQL, R, SPSS)
- With econometric and statistical modeling or application risk scoring
- In big data with knowledge of probabilities/distributions, building decision trees and regression models
- Demonstrates “managerial courage”, strong ethics and integrity.
- Excellent verbal & written English communication skills. Active listening skills.
- Should be an articulate and effective communicator, with an energetic and approachable style.
- Candidates must have effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating Risk issues, strength in sustaining independent views, and the ability to work effectively at the highest levels of the organization.
- Able to “roll up sleeves” and work across levels in risk management and also with other operations and business teams.
- Demonstrated quantitative, presentation and analytic
- Acts as a role model for managing people, coaching, and serving as a mentor.
Strategic Business Partnerships
- Creates and sustains a network of strong partnerships with the business (relationship and product management), key risk functional partners and other important stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree/University degree in Finance/ Mathematics/ Statistics, or equivalent
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Credit & Portfolio Risk Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs