Country Talent Acquisition Lead, Hong Kong - Senior Vice President
The Hong Kong Talent Acquisition Head is a senior management level position responsible for accomplishing results through the management and/or oversight of the Talent Acquisition (TA) team in Hong Kong. This position will drive the end-to-end execution and delivery of the recruitment strategy and process for both graduate and lateral hires across all business areas, ca 1700 hires a year.
Hong Kong is a key growth market and regional hub for Citibank in Asia. Hiring will continue to grow in critical areas such as Wealth, Consumer and Institutional banking.
APAC TA is undergoing a transformation journey, and a key deliverable for this role will be to act as an agent of change and demonstrate agility, identify and deliver on opportunities to realize synergies and efficiencies. This position is a member of the APAC TA Leadership team. This is a C14 SVP position and reports to the APAC Head of TA, based in Hong Kong.
- Manage and/or have oversight of teams of graduate and lateral recruiting professionals in HK and serve as technical Subject Matter Expert for the group.
- Serve as the primary point of contact on all recruiting matters for the CHRO (Country HR Officer) as well as the broader HR team in HK.
- Perform a key role partnering with APAC regional talent acquisition teams to ensure strategies are appropriately aligned and successfully implemented for Campus as a Program, Campus as a Source, and lateral; will also provide support to the executive recruitment team in terms of local hiring practices and stakeholder management in HK.
- Operational Excellence: initiate and drive initiatives to improve operational aspects of the TA function in HK – including but not limited to local hiring focus, diverse hiring, process streamlining, operating model alignments etc.
- Operational Excellence: play a lead role and hold accountability in best practice utilization of global and regional tools, including Workday and Avature; role model being a strong partner to offshored teams, such as TA Operations in Dalian and Souring hub in Manila.
- Data-driven decision making: create, analyze present data to work closely with the countries on effective workforce planning, capacity management, ensuring fungibility of resources when required.
- Data-driven decision making: use data and dashboards to define operational reporting requirements to deliver against business expectations and measure the performance and effectiveness of the talent acquisition team. Ensure consistency with regional and global recruitment metrics reporting.
- Find opportunities to identify and align to synergies and share best practices within other APAC countries, eg operational support, sourcing capability, recruitment marketing, internal mobility drives.
- Compliance management: embed a culture of compliance and a self-driven approach to staying abreast of all Workday and compliance policy updates and process improvements; track success, conduct root cause analyses and follow through with remediation actions when required.
- Partner with the employer branding team to analyze effectiveness of sourcing/marketing/branding efforts to ensure the best return on investments and campaigns.
- Identify opportunities to develop the team, support furthering their recruiting capability and personal and career development, including cross-region project work.
- Analyze and respond to VOE (‘Voice of Employee’) feedback from HK, put in place action plans which demonstrably lead to improved engagement, productivity and overall team wellbeing.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made. Demonstrate particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations. Adhere to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency. Effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Extensive experience in end-to end recruitment processes with strong knowledge of local market and talents.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of and curiosity about other markets and external best practice.
- Demonstrate capability to lead complex change projects to completion and with demonstrable success metrics.
- Demonstrate experience in optimized operational management and process transformation and be able to think through implications beyond HK.
- Strong knowledge of local regulations, compliance/risk & control policies as well as audit methodology in relation to recruitment and onboarding. Be able to proactively identify and flag risks and manage issues to effective resolution
- Strong leadership/management skills i.e. comfortable with leading and motivating cross-border teams under uncertainty ambiguity and constant change.
- Able to interact with senior stakeholders on a variety of topics, eg diversity, project updates, escalations
- Strong organizational skills and able to set priorities; for self & team, and deliver to commitments.
- Detail oriented with logical and methodological approach to problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal skills: able to effectively and quickly build relationship and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence.
- Typically deals with complex and variable issues with maturity and minimal guidance.
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience.
Job Family Group:Human Resources
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs