Country Consumer Manager’s Control Assessment (MCA) Transformation Analyst - Vice President
Job Title: Country Consumer Manager’s Control Assessment (MCA) Transformation Analyst
Citi’s Global Consumer Business Operational Risk and Controls (CBORC) organization drives global consistency for addressing Operational Risk and Control issues in the Global Consumer Bank. CBORC fosters a culture of control and customer centricity and accountability by leading efforts to identify, anticipate and mitigate regulatory, reputational, and operational risks.
The Country Consumer Manager’s Control Assessment (MCA) Transformation Analyst is responsible for supporting the Country CBORC Head in the restructuring, simplification, and streamlining of the MCA Program through implementation of effective control design and monitoring strategies to create a robust, comprehensive, and sustainable risk and controls management and monitoring framework. The role is an integral part of Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) Transformation as one of the 8 key priorities to support delivery of current regulatory commitments and support execution of the transformation agenda.
The incumbent will drive the effective oversight of Country Consumer Management Governance Entity and Assessment Unit architecture, and implementation of standardized of Consumer specific content for from Standard MCA Profiles covering Consumer Products, Processes, Operations and related functions including Data Analytics, Digital Channels and Client Experience and Digital Sales & Marketing, etc.
The incumbent will be responsible to work through the country level implementation of GRC Program Transformation Road Map as laid out by the global teams.
Working in close collaboration with Regional and Country MCA content owners and business process owners, the Country Consumer Manager’s Control Assessment (MCA) Transformation Analyst will support the identification, design, documentation and assessment of the quality of suites of Key Controls, Monitoring/Assessment mechanisms to mitigate significant operational risk types for Country Consumer.
As a First Line of Defense function this person will need to build trusted relationships with Business Leaders, Process Owners, Regional CBORC colleagues as well as Second and Third Line partners.
This role is part of the Country CBORC team and reports to the Country Consumer MCA Lead.
- Support the implementation of Quality Control (QC) program for MCA and deliver on MCA data normalization and stabilization in a sustainable manner.
- Support the implementation of a framework to assess the quality and consistency of control and monitoring statements on a sustained basis. Work on remediation efforts for improvements to MCA data quality in line with Control and Monitoring design assessment principles, including rationalization and optimization of ARCMs from a simplification standpoint.
- Work with SMEs and countries to monitor and track embedding Key Automated Application Controls (KAACs), Regulatory Mandatory Addendum (RMA) and Digital Monitoring Tools (DMTs) within MCA.
- Support an operating rhythm of data analysis for senior management reporting of MCA outputs for country consumer governance and oversight.
- Track timely completion of key MCA activities. Thematic checks from time to time on quality of MCA execution including mapping of issues to ARCMs, quality of documentation, quality of monitoring and testing.
- Participate in CitiRisk and Controls (CRC) system design initiatives including UATs and monitoring of key system related issues impacting users.
- Support Country Consumer MGE Quarterly Risk Assessments (QRAs) and Annual Risk Assessments (ARAs) related activities.
- Assist in identifying automation opportunities from MCA data via data analytics and work with relevant SMEs to drive the execution of automation for controls and monitoring and embedding them into MCA.
- Where appropriate, assist with the development of thematic testing/assessment of Key Control suites based on Standard MCA Profile (SMP) and Enterprise MCA Profile (EMP) content.
- Support the re-engineering of key processes to deliver best in class standardized, streamlined and simplified capabilities across the organization.
- Risk professional with exceptional career within consumer banking risk management.
- Proven experience in process simplification, reengineering and automation efforts.
- Track record of installation of improvement programs and processes.
- Good knowledge of Consumer Operations and Consumer product offering, services, policies, procedures, regulations, systems, and technologies.
- Knowledge of various risks faced by the business and ability to define risk management mechanisms within the organization.
- Ability to drive results.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills. Ability to explore alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that are supported and accepted by various parties.
- Proactive and Dynamic with a strategic mindset. Able to identify and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Ability to work effectively in situations requiring analytical, interpretive and problem solving techniques.
- Programming, machine learning, robotics process automation related skills and experience.
- Degree level or similar
- Controls qualifications desirable
- Accomplished professional with 6+ years of experience in Risk & Control in a large financial institution.
- Experience using risk and control systems (i.e. CitiRisk and Controls)
- Experience in working in a truly global business
- Demonstrable ability in partnering across multi-functional organizations to bring about change in a specialize function or capability
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Job Family:Business Control
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs