Consumer Bank - Risk Analytics and Model Risk Management Risk Head - Senior Vice President
This is a critical role to work closely with Risk Modeling Unit to develop, enhance and validate models while at the same time responsible for implementation of strong risk management tools and infrastructure (Credit and loss forecasting Models) and ensure accurate and timely reporting to local regulators, corporate reporting and US regulators. The Risk Head is a strategic professional who leads a small number of people within the Risk Management function that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Accountable for significant direct business results or authoritative advice regarding the Data and Model Risk Management, local & US Regulatory and internal Reporting. Necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy. Primarily affects a sub-function. Responsible for handling staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project.
- Work with Risk Modeling Unit to develops, enhances, and validates the Credit Risk and loss forecasting models or methodology for all unsecured ledning products. Also, on-going model risk management including on-going model performance monitoring, documentation and strategize uses of models and model related policies.
- Advances Risk Management methodology and integrate models into business decisions and planning.
- Manage successful annual quantitative and qualitative assessments and submissions.
- Works with large datasets and complex algorithms to solve data science challenges.
- Ensures timely model performance tracking, and assist in process automation to drastically improve process/operation efficiencies (where possible) that will enable the business to make rapid decisions against market condition changes
- Ensures the compliance of models under management with respect to internal and external guidelines.
- Ensure high quality, timely, accurate and consistent reporting to both local and US regulators
- Interacts with senior levels of management and key stakeholders to facilitate understanding of usage of risk models and inform critical decisions.
- Provide leadership and guidance for junior analysts.
- Demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Specialist in consumer banking with at least 10 years’ experience and preferably have experienced in regulatory reporting and risk management.
- Sound knowledge of statistical modeling concepts with strong business acumen and ability to translate MIS or models results into business strategies.
- Excellent quantitative and analytic skills; ability to derive patterns, trends and insights, and perform risk/reward trade-off analysis.
- Experience with analytical or data manipulation tools (e.g. SAS, SQL, R, C Programming in UNIX) Proficient with MS Office suite.
- Familiar with Banking guidelines and regulatory requirements to support the reporting process.
- Ability to balance both quantitative and qualitative skills and a good eye for detail
- Technical acumen; problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Ability to cope under pressure and multi-tasking
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Excel on numerical skills and the ability to evaluate financials
- Ability to deliver compelling presentations and influence executive audiences.
- Excellent communicator; ability to engage and inspire team forward.
- Ability to drive innovation via thought leadership while maintaining end-to-end view.
- Effective cross-functional project, resource, and stakeholder management; effectively engage with internal audit and external regulators.
- Excellent verbal & written English communication skills. Active listening skills.
- Should be an articulate and effective communicator, with an energetic and approachable style.
- Candidates must have effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating Risk and reporting issues, strength in sustaining independent views, and the ability to work effectively at the highest levels of the organization.
- Able to “roll up sleeves” and work across levels in risk management and also with other operations and business teams.
- Ats as a role model for managing people, coaching, and serving as a mentor.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Risk Analytics, Modeling, and Validation
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs