CCB Special Assets Country Head - Senior Vice President
The CCB Special Assets Manager is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
- Developing and implementing workout (recovery) strategies that are intended to either minimize the risks or maximize
- returns on larger commercial transactions for the purpose of restructuring, stabilizing, or
- exiting of all managed accounts.
- Managing assigned portfolios within acceptable risk parameters on an ongoing basis until workout is complete.
- Identifying, modifying and implementing designed and approved workout strategies.
- Working and interacting with customers, attorneys, and other third party professionals to acquire all necessary documentation, due diligence, and market intelligence.
- Evaluating and processing data, historical information and “Know Your Client” to assess appropriate strategy.
- Developing and presenting action plans for assigned portfolio to Senior Management or 3rd parties.
- Negotiating with customers, bank group lenders, and internal Citi product/customer partners.
- Reviewing accounts on a routine basis to gauge the level of progress achieved versus stated action plan, payment status (delinquency), documentation exceptions, annual review anniversaries, financial covenants, data integrity, and any other
- customer service (internal or external) follow-ups that arise during the course of time.
- Advising Business and Risk Management partners of progress of the workout plan as well as potential risks that
- may develop throughout the course of the remedial management program.
- Preparing metrics and reporting criteria for loan performance including internal and external requirements.
- Dealing with internal and external counsel strategically and on a cost-effective basis.
- Management Duties
- Ability to lead groups of professionals that are required to routinely multi-task with varying levels of pressure to meet stated deadlines that are subject to change based upon priority, constrained resources, and adverse settings.
- Demonstrates commitment to champion Citi’s culture and ethical standards; dedicated to leading by example.
- Coach and mentor across groups/teams without necessarily directly managing others.
- Developing and cultivating new and current talent plus promoting staff for Citigroup programs
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Sound understanding of remedial management; recognizes issues and is able to establish and process risk mitigation plans from inception to implementation to resolution
- Proven technical expertise and good understanding of products, tools, and associated
- Excellent strategic and implementation skills.
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
In addition, the CCB Special Assets Manager is also required to manage accounts outside of Hong Kong and accounts under ICG Special Assets if the need should arise.
We are implementing the Vaccine Pass in accordance with the guidance of the HKMA, effective April 1, 2022. All Citi staff will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical exemption to enter Citi premises. To comply with this, the successful candidate must be either vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical exemption.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Remedial Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
Featured Career Areas
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs