Area Security Manager, VP - Hong Kong
The CSIS Security Sr. Manager accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval.
- This role will play a pivotal role in the daily operations of Citi by interacting with multiple businesses across the enterprise
- This role will leverage subject matter expertise, whether that is physical security and safety, crisis management, security technology, event security/logistics or vendor management
- Manage day-to-day operational activities in area of responsibility as well as emergency response, crisis response and recovery functions, across multiple locations and jurisdictions in which Citi has a business presence/operation in full compliance with Citi Security and Fire Safety standards
- Maintain, and find ways to improve, current security policies and procedures
- Manage multiple vender relationships
- Collaborate with peers, leadership team and Industry contact to understand risk profile of properties within span of control
- Keep abreast of security industry standards, technologies and systems
- Execute efficiently under tight time constraints.
- Establish relationships with senior business leaders and interface with internal Citi functions and external agencies to promote functional excellence
- Represent CSIS on facility, Crisis Management Teams, and during Continuity of Business exercises
- Be knowledgeable of global, regional and local security protocols, operations or guidelines and apply them at each facility
- Integrate concept of “Continuous Improvement” into management activities and communicate same to direct reports
- Manage contingent and contract staff at various Citi facilities, sites and branches
- Clearly and concisely brief management on ongoing major security matters and does so in a professional manner
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years of experience
- Managed team of security professionals and contingent staff
- Performed critical evaluations of staff to raise operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Executed efficiently under tight time constraints
- Established effective relationships with senior business leaders and internal partners
- Collaborated with peers, leadership teams and industry contacts to understand risk profiles of properties within span of control
- Managed complex security projects that have regional consequences as well as criminal or regulatory implications
- Has demonstrated in-depth understanding of the elements of a security & safety risk and control environment. Identifies and remediates weaknesses in security activities
- Has demonstrated a broad understanding of security vulnerabilities
- Experience with understanding potential security or safety threats (e.g., fire, executive protection), local threats based on geographic location and their impact
- Demonstrated understanding of risk management and innovatively develops solutions and makes suggestions to senior management to mitigate risks
- Participated in critical resource evaluations of staff to raise operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Relevant experience in a private/public sector security environment
- Experience working in a corporate or financial services security team
- Domestic and International Travel
- Flexibility to work on call off hours/weekends
- Bachelors degree, potentially Masters degree
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:Corporate Services
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs