VP Business Unit Manager
Citi Market Operations and Operations Technology is currently at a pivotal point in its evolution and journey to implement a target operating model. We take pride and are passionate about our People and our culture. We are invested in people and their development. We are transforming and simplifying our operating model creating an exciting environment which encourages diversity of thought and inclusion.
We are a dynamic, global and diverse Organisation, with a presence in over 60 Countries; covering all front post execution Operations teams including product aligned Middle Office groups, Settlements, Margin, Asset Servicing, Listed Derivative & Commodities Operations. We support an extensive range of Capital Markets products and services including Fixed Income (FX, Rates, Credit, Muni, Cash and Derivatives) where Citi is consistently a dominant top 3 player in the market, Equity (Cash, Derivatives, Prime Brokerage, Futures, Listed Derivs, FXPB) where Citi has a significant growth program to continue to build out its capabilities and services; and Syndicates where we support both FI and EQ new issues and IPOs.
Our Operations groups are core to the success of the Markets business and has significant impact across the lifecycle of a Trade. We partner extensively with a range of internal stakeholders including Front Office Sales and Trading Desks, Compliance, Legal, Finance and HR; alongside having significant interaction with our external client base, playing a key role in the overall client experience. We have a Client relationship group dedicated to overseeing the group service performance and strategic partnership for our top tier client base, where we play a key role in supporting our global clients to ensure they have a first class experience when doing business with Citi.
Our Digitization and Implementation group works alongside our Operations teams delivering automation solutions to solve for operational challenges. We partner with Citi’s innovation labs to drive optimization and overall play a pivotal role in enabling us to transform to achieve our target operating model.
Our Technology groups develop and implement a wide range of applications that support the Operations, Change, Design and Implementation groups in providing innovative products and solutions. We have re-imagined how to provide technology and service in our domain through the alignment of our team vision, culture, and aggressive retirement plan for legacy applications and adoption of a micro-based containerized cloud environment. We encourage our people to create, explore and be adventurous whilst taking measured risk, adopting safe practices to protect the firm.. Data lineage and optimization is core to how we develop our eco system. We are growing our capabilities using artificial intelligence, natural language processing and machine learning.
Our roles entail ensuring we operate in a robust control environment, whilst in a fast-paced workplace. We comply with global regulations and internal policies and adopt a proactive approach to identifying opportunities to reduce risk through the continuous evaluation of our controls; to protect our clients, the firm and our reputation.
We work closely with our external global peers, partners and regulators, and play an integral part in leading an agenda at the forefront to optimise and streamline processes, and drive strategy across our industry.
Providing direct support to the Markets Operations & Operations Technology Leadership team as an invested strategic partner and advisor. Collaborating to provide solutions and executing vs our goals towards our Target Operating Model.
Organisational Governance & Support:
- Developing a broad and detailed understanding of the organization’s landscape, culture, processes and Technology.
- Preparation of materials for Business reviews and Product aligned steering committees, including follow-up of actions to closure
- Reviewing opportunities and helping to oversee location strategy for optimal footprint to help service our clients
- Analysis of progress against strategic and financial objectives - communicating key risks, defining mitigation strategies and helping to oversee to resolution
- Supervision of the annual financial plan, allocations processes and budget planning, providing regular updates to key stakeholders
- Developing, analysing and maintaining metrics for measuring success, opportunities for improvement, management reporting and escalation
- Managing ad hoc requirements in a pressurized environment
Robust Control Environment & Transformation:
- Identify trends, synergies and weaknesses across products and regions
- Helping to embed risk governance, frameworks and supervisory oversight best practices. Recommending control enhancements as needed
- Establishing and overseeing the application of operational risk policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- Working closely with the Change Management team to review strategic opportunities for innovative solutions to help re-engineer processes, build scale and mitigate risk
Engagement, People & Culture Strategy:
- Implementing a successful People and Engagement strategy to help attract, develop, retain and recognize a diverse and talented global workforce
- Management and forecasting of headcount, identifying risks to headcount targets and managing those risks
- Championing diversity and inclusion to create a working environment which allows our People to thrive and excel
- Engagement with key stakeholders across Operations, Technology, HR and the Business
- Driving the creation and execution of communication/ engagement plans across the Organisation and presenting on strategy/status to senior stakeholders on regular basis
Qualifications and Skills:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Experience in a fast paced, large global financial services firm, ideally in an operations organisation preferred
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a leader who can positively and productively add impact
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented with attention to detail
- Ability to establish and build trust with professionals throughout the business as a leader, advisor and business partner to the organization with a clear client orientation.
- Strong, influential communicator who is articulate and concise, demonstrated success interacting with senior management both in the business, corporate functions as well as the Operations, Business and Technology environments
- Strong risk management and control mindset
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated, unique and dynamic situations; draws on diverse range of internal and external sources
- Strong awareness of both external and internal best practice perspectives, maintaining a balanced and fresh viewpoint.
- Ability to conceptualize aspects of the organization’s model and its future development.
Job Family Group:Business Strategy, Management & Administration
Job Family:Business Administration
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs