Trade and Treasury Solutions Compliance Risk Assessment Lead (SVP)
Serves as a senior ICG Treasury and Trade Solutions (“TTS”) Product Compliance risk officer for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protect the franchise. In addition, engages with the ICRM product and function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet the TTS business and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework. Primary responsibilities include monitoring compliance risk behaviors, providing day-to-day Compliance advice relating to operations, financial requirements, and guidance on the TTS business and the associated regulatory rules/laws and interpretation on internal policies and procedures.
Key activities include:
- Designing, developing, delivering and maintaining best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM. Translates ICRM strategy and goals across Citi’s clients, products and geographies in a succinct and clear manner; provide direction and guidance on the programs.
- Completing local and regional hub product risk assessment and reviewing with Product ICRM seniors
- Reviewing risk assessment with Country Compliance as a reference for their completion of the product country risk assessments
- Facilitating calibration meetings with Country and Regional Compliance
- Acting as the central point of contact for risk assessments for the product
- Performing BAU Product ICRM responsibilities to backfill for existing Product ICRM Officers as they support compliance risk assessments
- Serving as a subject matter expert on Citi’s Compliance programs. Provides expert guidance on product regulations on a real-time basis to manage compliance risk.
- Staying abreast of relevant changes to rules/regulations and other industry news including regulatory findings.
- Overseeing the monitoring and identification of regulatory developments, including enforcement actions, and new laws, regulations, rules, and interpretations or guidance relating to the TTS business.
- Analysing and scoping the impact of new and complex regulatory developments across TTS business, including cross-border impact.
- Advising ICRM and TTS management and personnel on regulatory and compliance issues and provide credible challenge.
- Participating in industry groups and trade association working groups or other forums.
- Leading initiatives and managing high-impact special project work streams with a results-driven focus to deliver solutions, including coordinating the implementation of new regulatory requirements.
- Managing strategy and responses to regulatory examinations, reviews and inquiries and internal and external investigations, as well as testing and audit.
- Designing and lead compliance and control reviews.
- Partnering with other ICRM teams and global functions, including Legal, Risk, Operations and Technology, and Finance to prevent and detect non-compliance issues and promote a culture of compliance.
- Additional duties as assigned.
and/or relevant experience(s)
Required: Bachelor’s degree; 10-12 years experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; experience in area of focus; strong working knowledge of TTS and the related operations and financial requirements
Preferred: Advanced degree (e.g. JD, MBA) a plus
Knowledge and skills
(general and technical)
- Expertise of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization; to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level
- Experience in managing regulatory exams and relationships with examiners, auditors, etc.
- Awareness of regulatory requirements including local and US laws, international and industry standard
- Advanced knowledge in area of focus
Other Requirements (licenses, certifications, specialized training, physical or mental abilities required)
Other: Strong knowledge of transaction banking products
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Job Family:Product Compliance Risk Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs