SVP, Global Financial Crimes Investigations and Intelligence Technology and Data Strategy Lead
The Compl AML Core Group Manager is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
- Enhance, refine and implement best-in-class AML Compliance policies and practices.
- Oversee AML Compliance quality and testing, evaluate process deficiencies, analyze control measures, enhance reporting capabilities and recommend corrective actions while satisfying regulatory and audit commitments. Further, assess and identify emerging risks and recommend / drive program enhancements.
- Coordinate and manage compliance reviews of new and existing high risk customers and relationships in one or several business sectors that require AML Compliance review/approval.
- Provide adequate training to the Business lines and other AML Compliance employees, and, as needed, participate in the design and delivery of training as required, to inform employees of the objectives of the program.
- Liaise with US and foreign regulators externally and Citi Internal Audit and Compliance Assurance staff, as appropriate, including coordinating AML-related examinations, audit and reviews, document production, and issue responses - for consistency in responses and issues are communicated across regions, such that actions and conclusions are shared.
- Manage a diverse team of staff across multiple locations; invest in the development of all team members to facilitate consistent execution.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years relevant experience
- AML certification
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Proactive leadership and motivational skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Significant knowledge and expertise of AML regulations, risks and appropriate controls Demonstrated ability to assess complex issues through root cause analysis and other analytical techniques; structure potential solutions; drive to resolution with senior stakeholders Ability to influence and lead people across cultures; using sound judgment as when to escalate issues to senior management Advanced analytical skills Proficient in Excel and Word – ability to learn multiple system applications quickly Knowledge of the laws applicable to money laundering, including the Bank Secrecy Act, The USA PATRIOT Act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements, and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience required
- Master's degree preferred
Jersey City Salary Range: $164,310.00 - $246,460.00 USD Annual
Citi’s Financial Crimes organization aims to protect our clients, our franchise and the financial system from being used to facilitate money laundering and terrorist financing through a robust, globally consistent program focused on the prevention, detection and reporting of financial crimes which complies with applicable AML laws and regulations. Global Financial Crimes Investigations and Intelligence ("GFCII") has its mission to create an integrated approach to the prevention and detection of financial crimes by identifying vulnerabilities and mitigating risks to the bank. The GFCII has expanded its mission from AntiMoney Laundering to integrate areas including, but not limited to, Cyber-Enabled Financial Crimes, Data Intelligence, Vulnerable Person Program, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Sanctions, Fraud, and Cryptocurrency. GFCII’s responsibilities include identifying trends and patterns within Citi’s data which will be distributed to relevant stakeholders for appropriate action or informational purposes with an objective to pro-actively identify ongoing unusual activity and emerging trends. This expansion requires a synchronized operational approach across the Financial Crimes umbrella. GFCII is a global unit with regional teams located in EMEA, APAC, LATAM/Mexico and NAM covering multiple countries in each region.
The GFCII Technology and Data Strategy Lead reports to the GFCII Global Governance & Investigative Process Head and is responsible for the following:
- Engage and lead a team of business analysts into a world-class capability that will garner corporate-wide knowledge and experience, shared vision, roadmap, and accountability for addressing all business requirements (operational excellence to commercial enablement).
- Optimize and govern the technology estate across GFCII to better serve internal and external clients. Lead implementations and ongoing maintenance of IT tools and solutions. Build business case for making enhancements to current systems, new tools and solutions; conduct current state assessment, opportunity assessment, cost/benefit analysis, feasibility assessment, etc. Create Business Case documentation.
- Accountable for vendor management responsibilities such as identifying suitable vendors, arranging demos, assess quality, adaptability, product performance, and price negotiations. Keep abreast with relevant industry tools and applications and experience in procurement.
- Accountable for the execution and supported guidance of complex and critical metrics and analytics that underpin reporting to senior executives, board-level oversight teams and external regulators. Responsible for defining, analyzing and enhancing qualitative and qualitative KRIs/KPIs to measure operational performance and impact.
- Ensure adherence with established milestone timelines for data gathering, data quality checks, metrics development, assembly of reporting dashboards, and QA to ultimately produce deliverables on-time. Coordinate data availability from applicable stakeholders in various areas of the organization, escalating where needed. Review/analyze deliverables for accuracy, completeness, and positioning of important information.
- Lead projects end-to-end. Define requirements and identify milestones, phases and tasks. Take appropriate inputs to establish budget, manage adherence to approved budget, report budget variances timely. Track progress effectively against the strategy, key decisions and actions, and reporting on key deliverables and performance measures
- Manage a comprehensive internal/external communications strategy to ensure effective and consistent messaging and connecting of dots
- Provide day-to-day supervision, oversight, and guidance to staff members; invest in the development of all team members to facilitate consistent execution
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years relevant work experience along with experience in AML or other financial crimes Proven records of excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of tools/technique in leveraging data/technology in solving operational/process challenges
- Experience in a senior management role, with exposure to the senior leadership and accountable for major initiatives within the corporation or for clients; ability to influence and lead people across cultures; using sound judgment as when to escalate issues to senior management
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels of a complex organization; good networking skills, highly articulate team player; strong project management and people management abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Advanced presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging; consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated advanced analytical skills to assess complex issues through root cause analysis and other analytical techniques; structure potential solutions; drive to resolution with senior stakeholders
- Self-motivated and detail oriented; proactive leadership and motivational skills Working knowledge of AML regulations, risks, and appropriate controls; knowledge of the laws applicable to money laundering, including the Bank Secrecy Act, The USA PATRIOT Act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements, and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirement
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Job Family:AML Core
Time Type:Full time
Primary Location:Jersey City New Jersey United States
Primary Location Salary Range:$164,310.00 - $246,460.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs