Senior Vice President - Sanctions Operations & Technology Innovation Head
SVP - Sanctions Operations & Technology Innovation Head
Purpose of the Role
Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) is a market leading, award-winning provider of cash management, cards and trade, solutions to financial institutions, public sector and corporate clients around the world. With a global network spanning 90+ countries, we are uniquely qualified to service clients with local and cross-border interests and provide integrated reporting and management. TTS is a highly innovative organization with a strong digital agenda; new products and services are continuously being developed to meet our clients rapidly evolving treasury requirements and unlock new opportunities for growth.
The TTS Sanctions O&T is a newly created function supporting Sanctions processes globally across Citi’s TTS business. This function strives to a) Make Sanctions processes a Competitive Advantage ; (b) Drive efficient, agile technology and processes (c) Full compliance to strategic operating model across TTS lines of business (d) Build strong risk / controls focus, ensure minimal surprises and (e) Deliver on all targeted improvement programs
This role serves as the senior TTS O&T manager responsible for driving technology transformation projects for TTS globally to improve sanctions screening efficiency & related client experience. The individual is expected to drive technology innovation which will reduce (a) manual touch points, (b) false matches and (c) disposition time for sanctions processes. Improved technology and processes should enable TTS to increase straight through processing and enhance client satisfaction, paving way for increased volumes and market share.
- Understands the business context of challenges, defining the vision and requirements for the solution, recommending potential options, (which may include RFIs, RFPs or prototype development), selecting the most optimal option, and leading the development of a roadmap for the selected solution.
- Leads planning and execution to implement technology transformation for sanctions screening processes of TTS globally in accordance with the policies and established controls framework and acts as the escalation point of contact with key stakeholders inside TTS (Channels and Enterprise, Risk Management) and outside TTS (Sanctions, AML, Legal, etc.)
- Drives innovation to improve operational efficiency, adoption of best practices in the industry, which will reduce manual touch points in screening processes and enhance client experience across TTS. Consider AI & Machine Learning solutions as may be relevant.
- Collaborates and coordinates with existing domain architects in the formalization and adoption of identified solutions
- Champions a structured approach to business application solutions.
- Lead governance & presentation of regular team/project reviews to senior management and business leaders. Influences changes to standards when necessary.
- Provides oversight and guidance for the assessment of complex issues, structuring potential solutions and driving effective resolution in partnership with stakeholders in TTS O&T and Compliance.
- Drives other technology transformation initiatives related to operations location strategy (e.g., follow-the-sun model).
- Develops tools for monitoring of sanctions metrics and technology change requests.
- Additional duties as assigned
Education level and/or relevant experience(s)
- Experience in technology delivery projects in any financial services industry; experience in handling sanctions / regulatory technology commitments, experience in delivering productivity / transformation
- 10+ years of relevant regional and/or global experience in a financial institution
- A bachelor’s degree in any subject would be preferred
- An advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA) OR certification like ACAMS would be a plus
Knowledge and skills
- Experience with and previous exposure to control / risk functions, compliance related projects and/or driving innovation solutions for payments and receivables.
- Experience in creating solutions with clients will be a significant advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information, prioritize business goals and drive results with a high sense of urgency.
- Ability to create support and buy-in across a wide range of stakeholders; create a strong network of relationships among peers, internal partners, and decision makers.
- Promotes a culture of collaboration and teamwork across organizational boundaries; willing to break down functional silos to optimize business results and to facilitate the overall growth of the franchise.
- Demonstrated success in driving and implementing process excellence.
- Demonstrable ability to interact with senior management and clients.
- Experience in performing complex problem solving and business trade off decisions.
- Demonstrated success in Change Management / Process Re-engineering.
Job Family Group:Operations - Transaction Services
Job Family:Cash Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs