PMO Analyst - Transformation Portfolio Governance (VP) -
Jersey City, New Jersey| Tampa, Florida| Mississauga, CanadaJob Req ID 22496156
Citi is undergoing a Transformation to modernize and simplify the bank. We’re raising the bar and taking the opportunity to reevaluate the way we do business. This includes fostering a culture of curiosity and excellence and shifting our mindset to be simpler and data driven, making Citi an easier place to work and improving client experience. If you’re ready to be at the forefront of Transformation while taking your career to the next level, we invite you to come and join us!
As one of the world’s most global banks, Citi gives you the tools to make a difference. Through Transformation, we’re building the future of the bank and shaping the banking industry. Citi employs over 220,000 individuals located around the world, encompassing a broad range of teams, roles, cultures and backgrounds. Some of the skills that will make you successful in this role include:
- Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Credible Challenge
- Risk Management
- Data and Results Driven
The Project Lead is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Manages a large multi-faceted project/account/campaign or multiple projects at the same time.
- Owns project goals leveraging expertise to inspire a sense of shared purpose within the project team.
- Organizes new challenges and drive business results.
- Uses best practice PMO methodology to create a project plan to fit the stakeholders/customers’ needs and deliver within budget on desired outcomes.
- Drives end results of the project as a representative of the business.
- Works closely with the Customer, Sales Team, Engineering and Manufacturing to define a project scope and objectives for project members.
- Prepares, maintains, and submits clear and concise activity/progress reports and time recording/management reports.
- Assesses project risk potentials and discover potential problems before they occur.
- Applies a proactive approach in routinely tracking the project participant progress against project goals.
- Defines, teaches, and enforces the use of good project management practices such as techniques in resolving complex, interdependent activities into tasks and sub-tasks that are documented, monitored and controlled.
- Identifies and where required amends the approach to the context and constraints of each project.
- Constantly improving their own and their teams' skills through lessons-learned reviews at project completion.
- Possess the knowledge, skills and experience to be able to recognize when problems surface or potential problems are looming.
- Articulates problems, bring the right people together to solve problems and know when the problem has been properly addressed and closed.
- Promotes partner involvement through effectively communicating project status upward and to the Client.
- Applies lessons learned from recent projects to future projects.
- Communicates to all concerned parties project milestones, status updates, as well as any existing or potential customer escalation issues.
- Proactively follows escalation and change control processes.
- Owns all management reports on a given engagement.
- Promotes good working relationships across a project, cultivating the people skills needed to develop trust and communication among all of a project's stakeholders: its sponsors, those who will make use of the project's results, those who command the resources needed, and the project team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years of project management experience – preferably from a mortgage or financial services environment
- PMP certification strongly preferred, Six Sigma a plus.
- Ability to develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals.
- Knowledge of project metrics, including gathering, reporting, trend analysis, creation, and metrics.
- Ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using basic root cause analysis.
- Manage project scope by assessing requirements changes, determining and conveying impact on budget, time and risk.
- Manage client expectations, anticipates operational and tactical risks and tracks them; clarify, identify, and track requirements and issues, remove barriers, resolve minor project issues and escalate to immediate manager where required.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, MS Project, VISIO, Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Stays abreast of current industry trends and new technology through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars.
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
Job Family Group:Project and Program Management
Job Family:Project Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
“By joining Transformation, you will be at the center of driving change at Citi. You’ll help us lay the foundation to make this a better place to work and do business by implementing sound risk and controls. This team will give you a launchpad of endless opportunities to grow as a professional and challenge yourself while working across various functions.”
Risk & Controls Transformation Lead
“Citi hires people for their potential and not just their experience. This gives people, including myself, the opportunity to try different roles and explore new careers. Transformation at Citi is a new adventure and will challenge how we do things at Citi: with clients, with regulators and with our peers.”
Mexico Transformation Head
“Data Transformation is a great area to be a part of at Citi. Data is at the heart of our business and ensuring that our data is of good quality with clear ownership is imperative to our success.”
Data Operating Model and Governance Program Lead
“This is an exciting area to work in at Citi! Being part of Transforming a 200+ year-old institution is a once in a lifetime opportunity. This is relatively new work, so not only you can learn new skills and get exposure, but you can play a pivotal role in shaping the Citi of the future.”
Data Tooling and Capability Head
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs