Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
Compliance Surveillance Analyst
- Primary Location: United States,New Jersey,Jersey City
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18074841
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Propositionexplains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Serves as a compliance risk analyst for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM)’s Information Barrier Surveillance team responsible for the design, implementation, and oversight for a suite of surveillances designed to detect behaviors that may violate regulatory rules or internal policies and procedures. When potentially anomalous behavior is detected, the team is responsible for escalating the activity and working collaboratively with partners across the first and second lines of defense to determine the appropriate resolution of the matter, which may include employee discipline. The ICRM Global Surveillance platform encompasses a number of surveillance related portfolios including trade surveillance, e-communications and voice surveillance, employee trading, outside activities surveillance, and information barrier surveillance.
Key Activities include:
- Reviewing data and analysis of surveillance and trading activity while also developing, maintaining and performing surveillance reviews.
- Review the alerts produced by Insider Trading surveillance systems.
- Participate in the design and identification of core Insider Trading alerts to ensure effective identification, disposition and escalation to regulatory and other bodies is effectively undertaken as prescribed by regulatory requirements.
- Identifying potential risks for the Firm and escalating the matter to a designated manager and to the legal representative and the respective product coverage areas as appropriate.
- Generating reports, performing data analysis, and providing troubleshooting support on multiple projects. Supporting aspects of planning and executing projects to assist the Firm in complying with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Participating in ad-hoc requests, special projects and regulatory exams directed by other organizations within the compliance or legal departments.
- Other responsibilities include: overseeing the monitoring to adherence to ICRM’s Risk Policies and relevant procedures; preparing, editing and maintaining ICRM program related materials; Interacting and working with other areas within Citi, as necessary; and Keeping abreast of regulatory changes, new regulations and internal policy changes in order to further identify new key risk areas.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- A general understanding of securities trading and corresponding regulations with proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- SQL preferred but not required
- Work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization
- Adaptable to change and willing to work in a fast paced environment with a positive attitude