Compliance Product Sr Officer I - Citi Private Bank Capital Markets - Citi Global Wealth Investments - Hybrid
Serves as a senior Citi Private Bank (CPB) Capital Markets compliance risk officer for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protect the franchise. In addition, engages with the ICRM product and function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply Compliance Risk Management program solutions that meet the Citi Private Bank (CPB) Capital Markets and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework. Primary responsibilities include monitoring compliance risk behaviors, providing day-to-day Compliance advice relating to operations, financial requirements, and guidance on the supported capital markets and investment products and the associated regulatory rules/laws and interpretation on internal policies and procedures.
- Assisting in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM, including:
- Providing guidance on rules, regulations, policies and procedures and operational matters related to Equity Sales, Structured Products, Swaps, Equity Swaps, Listed and OTC Options, Fixed Income, Syndicate and Futures and related businesses and teams.
- Interacting with business staff and management, responding to real-time questions and escalations, as well as working to update and maintain related policies and procedures, including assisting the business in updating written supervisory procedures.
- Providing guidance on rules and regulations relating to CPB Americas Capital Markets and Investments operational issues, as well as, provide transactional approvals and interpretation of internal compliance policies.
- Assisting with regulatory inquiries and/or examinations. This may include coordination with regulators and other parties.
- Collaborating with other internal areas including: Legal, Business Management, Operations, Technology, Finance, other Control Functions, and In-Business Risk to address compliance issues which may impact the CPB Americas Capital Markets and Investments.
- Supporting CPB Americas Capital Markets and Investments in performing timely compliance reviews of new products and product programs.
- Develop and maintain written policy and procedure documents, assist the business in the identification of best practices and implementation of required and improved processes.
- Assisting in the development and administration of Compliance training for CPB Americas Capital Markets and Investments.
- Researching any new rules and rule changes and assisting the business with implementation of policies, procedures or other controls necessary to comply with the rules.
- Designing, developing, delivering and maintaining best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM. Translates ICRM strategy and goals across Citi’s clients, products and geographies in a succinct and clear manner; provide direction and guidance on the programs.
- Conduct Product Compliance reviews of new products and annual reviews of existing capital markets product programs.
- Maintain existing policy and standards documents for adherence to SEC, FINRA and CFTC rules and regulations, as well as changes in regulatory requirements.
- Research and respond to regulatory inquiries and examinations.
- Execute quarterly monitoring routines
- Serving as a subject matter expert on Citi’s Compliance programs. Provides expert guidance on function/business/product regulations on a real-time basis to manage compliance risk.
- Staying abreast of relevant changes to rules/regulations and other industry news including regulatory findings.
- Overseeing the monitoring and identification of regulatory developments, including enforcement actions, and new laws, regulations, rules, and interpretations or guidance relating to the supported function/business/product.
- Analysing and scoping the impact of new and complex regulatory developments across senior function/business/product, including cross-border impact.
- Advising ICRM and function/business/product management and personnel on regulatory and compliance issues and provide credible challenge.
- Participating in industry groups and trade association working groups or other forums.
- Leading initiatives and managing high-impact special project work streams with a results-driven focus to deliver solutions, including coordinating the implementation of new regulatory requirements.
- Managing strategy and responses to regulatory examinations, reviews and inquiries and internal and external investigations, as well as testing and audit.
- Designing and lead compliance and control reviews.
- Partnering with other ICRM teams and global functions, including Legal, Risk, Operations and Technology, and Finance to prevent and detect non-compliance issues and promote a culture of compliance.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Expertise with SEC, FINRA and CFTC Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies;
- 8-10 years experience working in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof preferred
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive;
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization; to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level
- Experience in managing regulatory exams and relationships with examiners, auditors, etc.
- Awareness of regulatory requirements including local and US laws, international and industry standard
- Advanced knowledge in area of focus
- Related certifications desirable
- Bachelor’s degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; experience in area of focus; strong working knowledge of capital markets and investments and the related operations and financial requirements; previous experience managing a diverse staff; Advanced degree a plus
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Job Family:Product Compliance Risk Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs