Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
- Primary Location: Jamaica
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Transaction Processing
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18045419
To effectively monitor and manage the overall Teller services and cash operations. To provide fast, efficient and superior service while responding to client needs. Perform other related duties and provide back-up to other units as may be required.
•Resolve and respond to client’s over-the-counter queries quickly and effectively
• Protect the Bank's interests and minimize losses through adherence to security measures and other policies and procedures.
• Review DCFC and ensure outstanding entries on accounts used daily by tellers are cleared in a timely manner.
• Verify Tellers cash to ensure that there are no discrepancies in balancing.
• Mentor and coach new employees to the Branch.
• Liaise with Guardsman Armored Ltd to investigate and resolve clients’ cash and cheque deposit discrepancies.
• Prepare counterfeit report to send to the Fraud manager and BOJ.
• Prepare claims report for dispatch to Guardsman Armored for cash differences found in deposits sent to Bank of Jamaica.
• Conduct Branch Oversight Manager (BOM duties quarterly.
• Prepare month end write-off report for Guardsman Armored and Teller cash differences.
• Verify and authorize Teller batches in COSMOS.
• Verify and authorize in COSMOS ACH reject, incoming and outgoing cheque return and in clearings and out clearings foreign cheque batches.
• Verify Guardsman cash and check Batches.
• Conduct performance reviews for staff under direct supervision.
• Perform custodial duties for the vault and cash compartments.
• Ensure that cash limits are maintained for JMD, USD, CDN and STG to ensure adequate cash is available at all times to meet client’s requests.
• Respond to audit comments relating to managed area.
• Perform quarterly MCA control testing and prepare related report.
• Perform back-up duties to the Transit Supervisor.
• Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by Supervisor
- 3-4 Years or more of experience in Customer Service/Relationship.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Excellent communication and writing skills, accounting knowledge, ability to use various systems and applications and Good numerical skills.
- Computer literate (hardware, Software, Windows Operating system (PC proficient Windows, Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Web Tools).
- Cash Management Product knowledge & Electronic Banking
- Quality and Customer Service Oriented
- Team player oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Work under minimum supervision
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to be proactive, productive and organized
- Basic College/University (first Degree)