Treasury & Trade Solution Sales Head
The Solution Sales Group Manager manages multiple teams through other managers. In-depth understanding of how own sub-function contributes to achieving the objectives of the function. A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the relevant part of the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary. Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed. Determines approach to implementing functional strategy. Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s). Impact reflects size of team managed, strategic influence on the business and interaction with other functions or businesses. Full management responsibility for multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. May be doing involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities.
- Increase penetration of the Bank’s services within the existing client base as well as acquiring new clients for the Bank
- Leading the specific Public Sector clients’ sales origination, pipeline development, customer revenue growth and retention for Public Sector
- Manage a team with a defined portfolio of Public Sector clients, with product and sector expertise, responsible for new cross-sell and retention, in addition to managing a team of product / solution sales
- Trusted Advisors to Public Sector clients for complex cash management, treasury and working capital, and trade services
- The person will be given hands-on training and be responsible for the Global relationship and client’s portfolio comprising of Public Sector Client that are both parented with subsidiaries as well as internal staff
- Develop Our People and be seen as a Champion of Progress who delivers value to client and partners alike
- Work in close partnership with control functions such as Legal, Compliance, Market and Credit Risk, Audit, Finance in order to ensure appropriate governance and control infrastructure
- Build a culture of responsible finance, good governance and supervision, expense discipline and ethics
- Appropriately assess risk/reward of transactions when making business decisions; and ensure that all team members understand the need to do the same, demonstrating proper consideration for the firm’s reputation.
- Be familiar with and adhere to Citi’s Code of Conduct and the Plan of Supervision for Global Markets and Securities Services; and ensure that all team members understand the need to do the same
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years of experience, including 8-10+ years' managerial experience
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of and other banking products
- Advanced marketing and selling skills & ‘customer first’ mind-set
- Proven track record in sale of cash management, trade, and / or technology based consulting solutions
- Managed large client relationship from a banking or product perspective
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Persuasive and articulate personality
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal internally and externally with clients
- Good team skills
- Demonstrated organizational & planning skills
- Ability to manage & synthesize many pieces of solution / technical data into a single, flowing solution within tight timeline
- Proven leadership skills
- Recognized execution skills
- Entrepreneurial approach
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred and managerial experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:Institutional Sales
Job Family:Solution Sales
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs