Operational Risk Officer - Technology C13
This role will be part of the Private Banding and Wealth Management Technology reporting to the PBWMT Tech Head for North America. The risk lead is responsible for managing a portfolio of risk programs supporting North America and Global Functions. This role is part of the team responsible for the business risk inclusive of: the identification, management and mitigation strategies and execution. The role will support the compliance to Citi’s internal policies, processes, and controls and compliance to external regulations while proactively evaluating the existing control environment for enhancement opportunities.
The Operational Risk Officer is a dynamic, analytical, strategic, lifetime learner who is eager to explore ever-changing technologies, numerous lines of business and new risk policies/approach to apply to their role and the business.
Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to challenge, guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides professional advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business.
- Establishes and oversees the application of operational risk policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- Independently assess’ risks and drive actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Governance and oversight may include (not limited to) technology operational risk, for example: Cyber Security, Strategy, Architecture, Program & Project Management, etc.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for Issues and Treatment Management (KPI/KRI/Corrective Action Plans)
- Analyzes a multitude of scorecards/performance management tools in an attempt to mitigate exposure (risk/financial/regulatory)
- Monitors goals are met through performance, risk and relationship oversight of our extended supply chain
- Develops and maintains relationships across the business users and Lines of Defense to better understand and deliver customer requirements by responding to changes in the internal and external business environment
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Applies in-depth level of expertise in consumer banking systems and technology processes and leverages this knowledge to provide advice and work with partners to drive proactive engagement / forward looking risk management on highest risk priorities in an effective and efficient manner.
- Identifies key risk indicators and works with the business on development and challenges business to ensure the correct measures are implemented.
- Leads and performs risk assessments to deep dive into processes, risks and controls.
- Manages Audit/Regulatory engagements including coordination, communications, and required actions with management committees, internal auditors, external auditors, regulators and other internal stakeholders as appropriate. Manages audit activities and supports the business during audits in ensuring the appropriate risks are reported and actions rectify the risks.
- Proactively advances use of data analytics for analysis of control issues and emerging risks.
- Possess forward compatible mindset and embraces changes taking upon oneself to drive enhancements in processes within CBORC Tech region and global.
- Promotes the professional development of self and others in the team. Proactive in sharing among team and takes opportunity to coach junior staff.
- Proposes innovative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control issues with stakeholders.
- 6-10 years relevant experience
- Strong recent technology background with a focus on risk management and/or experience in software development
- Strong background and experience in identifying and managing data management, governance and operational risks
- Significant experience in Technology Risk is a must. Other risk and control disciplines would be a plus – credit, market.
- Experience in Internal Audit or Financial Control would be a plus.
- Expertise in the following would be beneficial: Fraud Awareness, Operations and Systems Losses, Information or Cyber Security, Vendor/Outsourcing Management and Legal and Regulatory Compliance Management of a global operations and a complex environment that includes global teams).
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines and a solid business understanding of consumer banking systems, digital channels and products as well as technology processes relating to development and support of these types of systems.
- Demonstrable knowledge of technology and consumer banking related regulations.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating control issues and strength in sustaining independent views.
- This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Hold high integrity values and demonstrable challenge to stakeholders despite pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of stakeholder management.
- Strong team player who is actively committed to personal development, active team contribution/knowledge sharing and identifying improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
- Related certifications (CISA, CISSP, CISLP, CIA, CPA, ACA, CFA or similar) are a plus.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Operational Risk
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs