Global Operations - Risk and Control Governance
This Risk Manager role will be part of the Consumer Business Operational Risk & Control Organization reporting to CBORC Global Operations & Fraud Prevention Leadership. The Risk Manager must have knowledge of Citi operations, as well as adjacent support areas. This role is responsible for establishing, executing and enhancing Risk Governance Forums for Global Operations & Fraud Prevention (GOFP). This role leads a team that is responsible for key risk governance routines aligned to Issue management, audit oversight, key operational risk reporting, as well as other core risk identification and mitigation routines. Fosters effective relationships across all three lines of defense. This role will be an individual contributor role but work closely as a partner with the GOFP team globally.
This role can be broadly split into three main areas of focus: firstly governance support –provide support to ensure timely execution on GOFP governance and oversight activities, second--ownership of the disciplines for successful management of issues across GOFP, and third--providing support to the Risk and Control officer head for GOFP.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Provide support for the governance activities, including the BRCC committee, for Global Operations and Fraud Prevention (GOFP), ensuring relevant topics are escalated to the appropriate forums, meeting minutes are captured, necessary decisions are made, and follow up items are prioritized and implemented. This includes preparation of supporting materials, coordinating contributors/presenters/attendees, logistics details, and monitoring adherence to the ORM policy.
- Partner with Global BRCC governance leaders to ensure information and escalations are shared as needed. Maintaining awareness of the various control forums, coordinators and changes.
- Lead and assist with Transformation activities related to GOFP CBORC Issue Management and Governance.
- Work closely with CBORC colleagues in the Global Operations Team with emerging and ongoing issues and to build a picture of our risk profile in a manner which allows the GOFP CBORC leader to understand our existing risk landscape, where our areas of risk and control vulnerability exist and how to work with the Global Operations team to reduce and mitigate Residual risk levels;
- Knowledgeable about risk systems infrastructure including key processes, coverage and data flows in order to identify risk effectively.
- Identify issues and probe beyond symptoms to determine the underlying causes of problems.
- Ensure there is a strong Escalation culture throughout Global Operations – work to “join the dots globally, if we have an issue/loss event/audit finding etc. in one area could that issue manifest itself in another part of Global Operations. This would include being able to pick up a piece of Root Cause work done in one area and being able to assess applicability in other areas;
- Ensure transparent and thorough reporting to identify, mitigate, monitor and measure risk in all categories.
- Build strong relationships with Risk, Control and GOFP leaders; Use excellent communication, leadership and strong management skills to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective global, product, function, or regional executive management partners and external audiences including regulators and external auditors.
- Assist in responding to requests for information and documents from the company’s internal and external auditors, regulators, and other stakeholders.
- Maintain Governance Procedures Document that can be shared with Regulators, Internal Audit and internally.
- Aid in the identification of key risk indicators and works with the business on development and challenging to ensuring correct measures.
- 6-10 years’ experience in a dynamic Risk and Control environment;
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- In depth knowledge of control development, monitoring and testing processes and risks.
- Experience in working with Citi risk and control tools or equivalent– e.g. CITA, ORMI, iCAPs, CORE etc.;
- Technical proficiencies in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio. Experience with WebEx, bridge lines, video conferencing.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills with ability to deepen relationships and build partnerships across business units and key functional support areas.
- Ability to apply advanced analysis methodologies, interpret and present findings in a clear, concise manner
- Six Sigma or other relevant training is added value.
- Strong judgmental and critical thinking skills. Detail oriented, with proven ability to challenge and identify opportunities within existing processes and business practices.
*This role may sit at other US Citi Site Locations
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Operational Risk
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs