Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
C16 Head of KYC NAM OperationsApply Now Locations: Jacksonville, Florida, San Antonio, Texas Job Function: Compliance and Control Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20197617
The Head of KYC North America (NAM) Operations is responsible for ensuring operational performance and effective controls in compliance with Anti-Money Laundering/Know Your Customer (AML/KYC) regulatory requirements and related Citi policies. In addition, the leader will be responsible for integrating two currently standalone KYC operations teams (Retail Bank and Cards) into a single team, identifying and execution on opportunities to improve effectiveness, control oversight, efficiencies and client experience in a step-function, transformative way. Levers may include lean/process reengineering, automation, data and trigger analysis and tools to support operational performance. Moreover, the leader will need to ensure strong engagement and buy-in on the transformation strategy and throughout its execution across all levels of the KYC operations team and across close-in business partners and stakeholder groups.
The leader would partner closely with executives across NAM AML Oversight, AML Compliance, Product (including Line of Business P&L owners), Operational Risk, Continuous Improvement and Technology to drive this transformation. Effective navigation across these highly matrixed groups, as well as superb judgement to ensure execution feasibility of regulatory interpretations will be core to the leader’s success.
- Design KYC Operations Transformation Strategy, including compelling business cases for needed investments and execution plan.
- Ensure effective operational performance that satisfies regulatory commitments and requirements, while also ensuring best possible client experience within regulatory and Citi standards.
- Ensure successful and timely closure of any control and compliance issues (e.g., MRAs), driving these with high urgency and strong accountability. Strengthen overall control effectiveness, focusing on prevention and automation.
- Manage annual operating budget of ~$160MM and team of over 1650FTEs located in multiple servicing locations across the US and in Costa Rica, plus partner-managed offshore teams in the Philippines and India. Drive toward continuous improvement in underlying expenses through productivity initiatives, balancing near-term goals with long-term vision.
- Actively engage as a senior leader on the NAM Operations team, supporting regional priorities and initiatives in addition to satisfying line-of-business needs. Current examples include designing the workforce of the future in a post-COVID environment including physical footprint, remote model, and new hire engagement and culture onboarding.
Successful Candidate Profile:
- Proven ability to develop long-term strategy, reflecting multiple dimensions (e.g., business, compliance/controls, people and culture) and supporting multiple objectives.
- Proven people leader – hiring, nurturing and promoting talent; building teams; driving change across scaled and geographically dispersed teams.
- High execution quotient – across all environments (high change to steady state).
- Exceptional critical thinker with a passion for solving thorny business problems.
- Enjoys working with partners and as a member of a team. Highly effective at influencing without direct authority – high collaboration quotient to get results.
- Strong business judgement for assessing trade-offs, determining right priorities and escalating appropriately to avoid down-the-road issues.
- Clear executive presence across diverse audiences. Able to communicate well (written & oral) – crisp, compelling, clear.
- Prior operational experience in AML/KYC or related domain – a key plus. Clear evidence of quick learning agility with need to accelerate learning curve across highly differentiated product lines (deposits and credit cards).
- 10-15 years operational experience and Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
Others for Job Posting:
- Preferred Locations:
JAX, SAT, Florence
Open to other locations, depending upon strength of candidate. Must be US-based.
- Travel Required:
25% (mostly in the US) with some international travel (e.g., Costa Rica, PHP, India). May be more based on location.
Travel assumes that we are able to travel for non-business critical reasons.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.