The Business Risk Senior Manager accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval.
- Accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s).
- Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area.
- Contributes to standards around which others will operate.
- Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function.
- Requires basic commercial awareness.
- Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers.
- Partners with the team on all new or modified processes to review through the appropriate governance routines and launch with adequate controls which can be monitored and reported.
- Ensures internal reviews and external examinations are well managed with clearly evidenced controls.
- Provided support of assigned business area by attending and participating in business meeting routines to provide control related updates to the team and learn about any new initiatives the team will need to support.
- Proactively identifies emerging risks and assists the control team with resolving control gaps and issues and helps to create corrective action plans, inclusive of root cause identification and resolution.
- Ad hoc control / audit related requests as needed.
- Serve as partner on Manager Control Assessment (MCA) Quarterly Risk Assessment and the Annual Risk Assessment process.
- Actively focus on process improvement, creating efficiencies, and ensuring proactive approach and partnership to audit management
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Ability to manage teams.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years exeperience in management, risk management and/or regulatory compliance in one or more of the following risk disciplines: technology risk, business continuity, operational risk, supplier risk, or audit and controls. Broad knowledge of other risk areas, with strong understanding of supplier or third-party risk impact in a financial services company is a plus . Demonstrates knowledge of in-scope business and product areas
- Project management and governance experience with demonstrated ability to achieve and exceed critical milestones. ·
- Must have a Outstanding leadership, communication, and influencing skills as this leader will work with Sr leaders, and audit partners on a regular basis.
- Ability to foster working relationships with other leaders across multiple lines of business and with support organizations, including auditors and regulators. ·
- Demonstrated judgement and critical thinking skills.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Controls
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs