VP - Model/Anlys/Valid Officer -(Hybrid)
The Model/Anlys/Valid Officer is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Develops, enhances, and validates the methods of measuring and analyzing risk, for all risk types including market, credit and operational. Also, may develop, validate and strategize uses of scoring models and scoring model related policies.
- Manages model risk across the model life-cycle including model validation, ongoing performance evaluation and annual model reviews.
- Produces analytics and reporting used to manage risk for Citi's operations.
- Translates operational requests from the business into programming and data criteria and conduct systems and operational research in order to model expected results.
- Assists in the development of analytic engines for business product lines.
- Communicates results to diverse audiences.
- Conducts analysis and packages it into detailed technical documentation report for validation purposes sufficient to meet regulatory guidelines and exceed industry standards.
- Participates on teams to solve business problems.
- Identifies modeling opportunities that yield measurable business results.
- Provides guidance to junior validators as and when necessary.
- Manages stakeholder interaction with model developers and business owners during the model life-cycle.
- Represents the bank in interactions with regulatory agencies, as required.
- Presents model validation findings to senior management and supervisory authorities.
- Provides effective challenge to model assumptions, mathematical formulation, and implementation.
- Assesses and quantifies model risk due to model limitations to inform stakeholders of their risk profile and development of compensating controls.
- Contributes to strategic, cross-functional initiatives within the model risk organization.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on MS Excel
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time .
- Practical experience using SAS or similar statistical coding software to build and test prediction models. comfortable interfacing with business clients. proficiency handling very large data sets.
- Experience in a quantitative role in risk management at a financial institution with experience in either model development or validation.
- Good knowledge and understanding of a variety of model development and validation testing techniques covering risk models.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
Summary: This role will support consumer risk scoring related modeling, documentation, adhoc analytics, automation related activities for certain consumer portfolios including credit cards, loans, and others.
Strong knowledge of Python, SAS, SQL.
Preferred knowledge of R
Working knowledge of big data tools such as PySpark, Hadoop, Hive etc
Strong knowledge of scoring model development
Strong knowledge of credit risk, lending
Strong knowledge of data manipulation, processing
Strong knowledge of predictive modeling such regression, decision trees, gradient boosting machines, random forests, neural networks etc
• SME of the database, data structure and systems and provides guidance to other modelers in the team.
• Performs Model Development Steps independently and accurately. Uses appropriate methodologies and procedures to make decisions. Sometimes proposes alternative approaches.
• Identifies data quality issues, reports and remediates them.
• Develops Models in accordance with the policy and prepare and save appropriate evidence.
• Performs Model Design Analysis, represents the analysis using appropriate visualization tools and articulates the analysis in a clear and comprehensive manner sometimes.
• Manages some stakeholder conversations and escalates wherever required.
•Conceptualizes parts of Model Design and executes the Model Design analysis without manager's help.
• Ability to execute, debug and modify complex code
• Able to debug complex code written by others
• Ability to write complex code from requirements
• Proficiency on the key tools/ languages used in the team best practice.
• Has strong understanding of the financial service Industry, Market and the Customer behavior for some consumer products.
• Has knowledge of regulations and understanding of Model Risk Management and Fair Lending policies and controls for Risk model development and beyond model development.
• Has knowledge of some Citi products, and some phases of the credit lifecycle. Uses the knowledge to link products/offers to customer behavior and interprets the data to derive conformity with business expectations.
• Ability to independently write and review all sections of the model documentation.
• Create presentations for most audiences.
• Set and follow timelines. Assesses risks and proposes alternatives to meet the goals within the stipulated timeline.
• Listens instructions and feedbacks.
• Able to structurally articulate technical information in writing and verbally to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Ability to summarize meetings/ write minutes that correctly summarize the discussion held.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Risk Analytics, Modeling, and Validation
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs