Pardon our dust! We are enhancing our application system to improve the Citi recruitment experience. Due to this upgrade you may be asked to create a new profile when you apply for a new job. If you submitted an application prior to July 21st you can view the status of your application and manage your documents via the Manage Existing link in the Create/Manage Profile drop down in the top right corner of this page.
Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
SVP, Quality Assurance Senior ManagerApply Now Locations: Irving, Texas, Tampa, Florida, Buffalo, New York Job Function: Risk Management Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19117846
Global Risk Review (GRR) is an organization comprised of Fundamental Credit Risk (FCR), Collateral Risk & Review (CRR), and Capital Risk Management & Review (CRMR) teams. GRR provides independent, reliable and timely review and challenge to the firm’s risk management processes. The Quality Assurance (QA) function provides an independent assessment of the activities of FCR, CRR, and CRMR to ensure conformance with the standards outlined in their respective manuals. The candidate for this position will perform and report results of Quality Assurance Reviews (QARs) conducted to support the GRR QA Program.
The objective of the QA Program is to establish and maintain a QA framework designed to ensure the highest quality work product throughout the groups governed by this program. This will be achieved through the evaluation of the governance activities and work performed by FCR, CRR, and CRMR through the performance of QARs. The QA Program provides the Global Head of GRR and ultimately the Citigroup Chief Credit Officer with an independent assessment of the activities of GRR to confirm compliance with established standards.
The QA Senior Manager is a strategic professional within the QA Program that requires the candidate to have excellent communication skills to be able to interact at a senior level. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence, and convince others. This position requires a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Performance and reporting of complex QARs of various components of the FCR and CRMR methodology including reviews, business monitoring, corrective action plan validation, comment handling, and other areas to ensure adherence to methodology
- Accountable for consistent and objective assessments during QARs
- Subsequent follow-up on corrective actions that were raised during QARs
- Sustainability testing of corrective actions resulting from issues raised by Internal Audit or Regulators
- Synthesize and prepare quarterly Quality Assurance Scorecard Reports to GRR management that communicate and measure results and identify negative trends and potential solutions
- Act as a change agent coaching staff in areas with noted deficiencies and sharing any observed best practices
- Update and create QAR templates
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work, and meet deadlines
- Manage respective self-assessment process
As the GRR QA Program evolves, the candidate will have the opportunity to cross-train and support other groups within the GRR organization.
- 5+ years relevant experience in a quality assurance review function at an investment or large commercial bank
- 3-5 years Public Accounting or Internal Audit experience a plus
- Strong understanding of Credit Risk for both Wholesale and Consumer businesses
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with negotiating and interacting with all levels of management
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid analytical skills and ability to draw robust conclusions
- A self-starter with proven ability to work independently under little supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships and exert influence without direct authority
- Strong organizational skills and adept at prioritizing workload
- Ability to work well on a team and independently
- Work well under pressure and meets deadlines
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with employees subject to questioning of their work
- Ability to motivate and influence others
- Self-confident in executing responsibilities
- Database skills a plus
- Basel experience a plus
- Demonstrate commitment and accountability
- Knowledge of Citi's organization and systems preferred
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.