Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
SVP - Global Credit Risk Officer Framework Program ManagerApply Now Locations: Irving, Texas, Tampa, Florida, New York, New York Job Function: Project and Program Management Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20183170
Global Risk Review (GRR) provides independent, objective, reliable, valued and timely assurance to the Boards, the Committees, the Citigroup Chief Risk Officer, the Citigroup Chief Credit Officer, senior management and regulators over the effectiveness of credit, capital and collateral risk management and the ability of the Business and independent Risk Management to identify, monitor and mitigate current and emerging risks. Within GRR, the Global Credit Risk Officer Framework function drives best-in-class credit risk officer frameworks, training, policies, assessments, and periodic reevaluation consistent with expectations of the Board, Senior Management, and our regulators.
The SVP, Global Credit Risk Officer Framework Program Manager will report to the Head of Global Credit Risk Officer Framework and the incumbent will be responsible for executing all components of the newly created Global Credit Risk Officer framework. Credit Officers (COs) and Senior Credit Officers (SCOs), collectively Credit Risk Officers, are the foundation for all credit risk decisions made within Citi and CBNA. The importance of this function requires that the firm have a comprehensive and consistent approach to managing the Credit Risk Officer universe. The incumbent will have extensive interaction with senior management within Banking, Capital Markets, and Advisory (BMCA), Citi Markets, the Citi Commercial Bank (CCB), the Citi Private Bank (CPB), Independent Risk Management, Compliance, and Learning & Development (L&D), will develop critical governance skills, and play a key role in enhancing the Global Credit Risk Officer Framework.
The Global Credit Risk Officer Framework is a core building block of sustaining an effective credit culture which supports safety and soundness at Citi and which includes numerous key elements that have been enhanced to create a more proactive, inclusive and transparent management of Citi’s Credit Risk Officer universe as governed by the Credit Risk Officer Policy. The Global Credit Risk Officer Framework governs all aspects of the Credit Officer journey beginning with training and qualifications for COs through governing the requirements and elevation process for achieving the SCO Level 1 Designation, the highest credit approval level at Citi.
- Support Head of Global Credit Risk Officer Framework in development and management of comprehensive project plans for delivery of enhanced Global Credit Risk Officer Framework design, infrastructure and controls
- Leading a team of specialists to develop and manage the Global Credit Risk Officer Framework which will execute on the following core mandates of the Global Credit Risk Officer Framework function:
- Creating and managing the development of a centralized Credit Risk Officer data
base; incorporating existing disparate sources of CO and SCO data across the
firm, and developing a new Manager Dashboard component
- Formalizing a Citi-wide CO and SCO Pipeline Management Process to ensure that
high potential CO and SCO candidates are identified and tracked for development
- Enhancing the ongoing CO annual assessment process and overseeing the SCO
Performance Evaluation process implemented as a pilot in Q4 2019
- Launching and managing the SCO Level 2 Program to ensure more objective and
robust SCO Level 2 nomination and elevation process
- Delivering a newly created quarterly SCO Forum for all Wholesale and Consumer
SCOs across Citi
- Creating ongoing processes to measure Global Credit Risk Officer Framework
health and success using defined metrics
- Champion and lead socialization efforts of Global Credit Risk Officer Framework components by identifying target groups and stakeholders and liaising with appropriate Business / Risk teams across Citi
- Managing the Curriculum for CO Designations, SCO Program (ACE) and SCO Level 2 Pilot Program to be launched in Q3 2020
- Collaborate with Citi Learning to create new content for courses deemed as pre-requisites for the CO / SCO Curriculum. Incumbent must identify, develop and lead to ensure the emerging needs for the curriculum are addressed well ahead of time
- Managing Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) for facilitators for SCO Program (ACE) and SCO Level 2 Program
- Managing budgetary and finance / vendor management for the Global Credit Risk Officer Framework (ACE and upcoming SCO Level 2 Program)
- Ad hoc projects designated by GRR Management
- Support Voice of the Employee (VOE) initiatives for GRR
- Leading internal controls including MCA/GRC for the Framework team
- Strong credit skills and experience. It is critical that the professional in this role be well versed in the intricacies of credit risk officer governance as well as able to engage with very senior managers
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with ability to articulate complex concepts and translate into "user-friendly" language
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders (Business Heads and Senior Risk Officers)
- Ability to deliver difficult messages in a professional manner
- Strong Microsoft Power Point skills used to visually convey compelling and easy to understand messages
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Developed project management skills and attention to detail
- Strong project and time management skills with the ability to successfully handle competing priorities
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree a plus
- Fully conversation with credit risk management concepts
- 10+ years of experience, SCO preferred
- Proven track record of delivering results and strategic initiatives in a complex environment
- Recognized success as a change agent
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.