Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
About Finance Chief Risk Office
The Finance Chief Risk Office mandates includes: (i) independent risk management oversight over the front line activities of the Finance organization in an integrated and comprehensive manner, (ii) align the stress testing, risk measurement and modeling as well as data, reporting and infrastructure capabilities of Risk Management for loss forecasting, capital planning and reporting.
Finance Chief Risk Office Openings
Finance Chief Risk Office has openings for Officers (C11), Assistant Vice Presidents (C12), and Vice Presidents (C13) in Irving, TX and Tampa, FL. Grade level is a function of experience and breadth and depth of knowledge.
Locations of openings are indicated next to team name. For completeness, descriptions of all departments that comprise Finance CRO are provided below.
Capital and Stress Testing (Irving; Tampa; NY):
The Capital and Stress Testing team is responsible for Citi's stress testing capabilities, risk capital model / risk appetite metrics and economic forecasting and design.
Information Technology Program Delivery Office (IT PDO) (Irving; Tampa):
The IT PDO team is responsible for supporting the effective delivery of the IT solutions to enable independent risk management processes.
Risk Modeling and Analytics (Irving; Tampa; NY):
The Risk Modeling and Analytics team is responsible for developing Citi credit, market, and counterparty risk analytics.
Treasury Risk Management (TRM) (Tampa):
The TRM team is responsible for independent risk management of liquidity and treasury risk management processes.
- Research, develop, and implement models for wholesale & retail credit risk, market risk, and/or counterparty credit, including risk capital and/or stress testing
- Research, develop, and implement models for macro-economic stress scenario design and expansion, and/or market stress scenario design and expansion
- Develop and implement methodologies, algorithms and diagnostic tools for testing model robustness, stability, reliability, performance, and quality control of modelling data, e.g., historical market data used for model parameter calibration, and participation in annual model reviews
- Develop, maintain, and enhance technical and non-technical documentation, including project plans, model descriptions, mathematical derivations, data analyses, processes, and quality controls
- Support various tasks in response to regulatory and internal risk management requirements
- Masters or higher degree in Economics, Finance, or another quantitative field (Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Econometrics, Statistics, etc.) is required. Master or higher degrees are advantageous, as is exceptional academic record (rewards, recognition, etc.)
- Other qualifications/designations such as Financial Risk Manager (FRM), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certificate in Quantitative Finance (CQF), etc. are advantageous
- Demonstrable interest in applying sophisticated mathematical/analytical techniques to solve real-world problems—especially in banking, finance, or risk management—is required
- Experience or knowledge of one or more of the following topics is highly advantageous but not essential: derivative pricing, risk management practices, numerical methods including Monte Carlo simulation, statistical hypothesis testing, banking- or trading-book products, accounting and corporate finance, credit risk modelling, market risk modelling, counterparty risk modelling, risk capital modelling, and stress testing
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing English is required
- Solid programming skills, with experience of statistical/data analysis techniques and numerical implementations and some familiarity of modern software development tools, is required. Specific experience in SAS, Python, R, using statistical packages and regression models, C/C++, UNIX, databases, and version control systems is particularly advantageous
- Knowledge/experience with Machine Learning Tools and Frameworks (scikit-learn, Teano, Keras, etc) is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to synthesize complex technical information and explain it clearly, is required
- For more senior applicants, actual hands-on experience of quantitative financial modelling (research, development, implementation) and maintaining detailed technical documentation for models, model validation, projects plans and processes, is highly advantageous
- Highly motivated, with ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Logical and thoughtful approach to work, with ability to perform well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Giving careful attention to detail, with capability to deliver high quality results
- Potential to build trusted relationships confidently at all levels
What’s on offer?
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of cutting-edge analytical problems, relevant for senior management decision making (CRO, CFO, Board) and regulatory management. The candidate will interact with highly-experienced quantitative analysts and risk management professionals across multiple risk types and geographies, and in so doing gain an expansive view of the firm and its business lines. This is an opportunity to grow within a highly-quantitative team in a challenging area of the financial industry working for one of the world’s leading companies.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Risk Analytics, Modeling, and Validation
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs