The Project Lead is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Manages a large multi-faceted project/account/campaign or multiple projects at the same time.
- Owns project goals leveraging expertise to inspire a sense of shared purpose within the project team.
- Organizes new challenges and drive business results.
- Uses best practice PMO methodology to create a project plan to fit the stakeholders/customers’ needs and deliver within budget on desired outcomes.
- Drives end results of the project as a representative of the business.
- Works closely with the Risk Management, Finance, Technology and Data Governance Teams to define a project scope and objectives for project members.
- Prepares, maintains, and submits clear and concise activity/progress reports and time recording/management reports.
- Assesses project risk potentials and discover potential problems before they occur.
- Applies a proactive approach in routinely tracking the project participant progress against project goals.
- Defines, teaches, and enforces the use of good project management practices such as techniques in resolving complex, interdependent activities into tasks and sub-tasks that are documented, monitored and controlled.
- Identifies and where required amends the approach to the context and constraints of each project.
- Constantly improving their own and their teams' skills through lessons-learned reviews at project completion.
- Possess the knowledge, skills and experience to be able to recognize when problems surface or potential problems are looming.
- Articulates problems, bring the right people together to solve problems and know when the problem has been properly addressed and closed.
- Promotes partner involvement through effectively communicating project status upward and to the Client.
- Applies lessons learned from recent projects to future projects.
- Communicates to all concerned parties project milestones, status updates, as well as any existing or potential customer escalation issues.
- Proactively follows escalation and change control processes.
- Owns all management reports on a given engagement.
- Promotes good working relationships across a project, cultivating the people skills needed to develop trust and communication among all of a project's stakeholders: its sponsors, those who will make use of the project's results, those who command the resources needed, and the project team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years of project management experience – preferably from a mortgage or financial services environment
- PMP certification strongly preferred, Six Sigma a plus.
- Ability to develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals.
- Knowledge of project metrics, including gathering, reporting, trend analysis, creation, and metrics.
- Ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using basic root cause analysis.
- Manage project scope by assessing requirements changes, determining and conveying impact on budget, time and risk.
- Manage client expectations, anticipates operational and tactical risks and tracks them; clarify, identify, and track requirements and issues, remove barriers, resolve minor project issues and escalate to immediate manager where required.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, MS Project, VISIO, Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Experience with JIRA and agile methodology.
- Stays abreast of current industry trends and new technology through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars.
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
Job Family Group:Project and Program Management
Job Family:Project Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs