Product Owner - CICD Security
Brief Description of the Organization
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve.
Citi’s Global Consumer Bank (GCB) is building a purpose-driven team to serve its globally diverse, digitally forward customers in top cities around the world. We’re looking for exceptional candidates who think digitally and differently, resolve problems in unconventional ways and strive to provide a remarkable experience for our clients. We define success by our Citi Leadership Standards: Develops our People, Drives Value for Clients, Works as a Partner, Champions Progress, Lives our Values and Delivers Results.
Overview of the Role
The Product Owner – Security is responsible for implementing, enhancing, and supporting the quality gates that show how Citi GCB’s organization is making progress with developed code from a security perspective. Quality gates exist on a Continuous Improvement Continuous Deployment (CICD) pipeline with a target state of many hundreds of deployments a day. Reporting to the Head of Developer Enablement Engineering, this individual will help gain acceptance for, design, and deploy guardrails to the CICD pipeline such that code commit and build creation is always improving. This individual will also highlight where there are development laggards and help formulate ways to ensure that these teams and their code/builds improve.
The primary focus will be to shape and implement quality gates on the CICD pipeline that accurately and regularly show how Application Development teams are performing on security related code commits/builds. The quality gate thresholds and output should be oriented towards industry standard levels, however, may be proprietary to Citi. The right balance needs to be struck between developer experience/workload as well as security compliance, so a high degree of automation is expected.
This position is a key role that will closely partner with Developer Enablement Engineering and Application Development leadership to enhance and execute the strategy for improving code quality from a security perspective while maintaining and enhancing the high expectations of developer productivity and velocyity.
Help design then drive the implementation of solutions that show progress of the GCT organization for secure code development on the CICD pipeline within the North America (NAM) region. The right individual focus on partnerships across the organization – both laterally and vertically in order to implement these solutions with minimal friction. A strong focus is required on implementation and adoption execution, although advocacy and design may be required at times.
- Ascertain, develop, and implement industry standard practices for secure code on a CICD pipeline
- Establish and build relationships and partnerships across business, technology and operational lines.
- Guide junior staff as well as instruct contractors in routine task work
- Maintain a positive working environment to ensure the highest productivity and employee engagement.
The ideal candidate will come from a financial services organization and be a seasoned CICD practitioner. A development and DevOps background is essential. Bachelor degree in computer science, business or a related field is required.
- 3+ years relevant work experience, including experience as a developer in cross-functional teams across engineering or information technology departments.
- Experience delivering with an agile methodology.
- Experienced practitioner of DevOops constructs and procedures.
- Strong familiarity with security items on the pipeline – SonarQube, Blackduck, Checkmarx, Agile Application Vulnerability Assessment.
- Familiarity with multiple Citi Developer Enablement products (Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory, BMC RLM, Maven).
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; Data driven and results-oriented.
- Experience developer transformation efforts
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with seamlessly with remote teams
- Able to communicate complex technical concepts to leadership and inexperienced personnel.
- Strong problem solving and issue resolution making skills.
- Highly detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and able to embrace change without frustration.
- Delivery of high-quality small and mid-scale projects.
- Ability to guide junior staff locally and remotely across multiple locations, time zones and cultures.
- Lead and do by example
- Positive attitude, self-directed, motivated with ability and maturity to deal with imperfect information.
- Ability to handle multiple demands.
- Flexibility with travel.
- Understanding of the agile software development processes and lifecycle.
- Maturity and poise with strong EQ.
- Persistence to drive solution despite setbacks
- Demonstrated ability to work with a Team for common purpose.
- Collaborative and team player, ensuring overall business success.
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Possess uncompromising ethics, unwavering integrity and understanding of risk & regulatory process involved in the financial services environment.
- Successful delivery of small and mid-scale projects and capabilities.
- Pragmatic problem solver, applying judgment and experience to balance trade-offs between competing interests. You are flexible, adapting your approach to meet the needs of the team and organization.
- Keep abreast of industry trends. You effectively research and benchmark our technology against other competitors in the industry. You understand that many problems are not essentially new.
- Be creative and passionate, driven by a desire for innovation and creation of an amazing client experience – smart risk taking – outside the box thinking.
- Able to understand organization’s goals, capabilities and gaps to gain alignment on a successful strategy.
- Works collaboratively and encourages others to achieve the best results for our clients.
Job Family Group:Product Management and Development
Job Family:Product Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs