Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Model/Anlys/Valid OfficerApply Now Locations: Irving, Texas Job Function: Risk Management Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20171901
The Model/Anlys/Valid Officer is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Develops, enhances, and validates the methods of measuring and analyzing risk, for all risk types including market, credit and operational. Also, may develop, validate and strategize uses of scoring models and scoring model related policies.
- Manages model risk across the model life-cycle including model validation, ongoing performance evaluation and annual model reviews.
- Produces analytics and reporting used to manage risk for Citi's operations.
- Translates operational requests from the business into programming and data criteria and conduct systems and operational research in order to model expected results.
- Assists in the development of analytic engines for business product lines.
- Communicates results to diverse audiences.
- Conducts analysis and packages it into detailed technical documentation report for validation purposes sufficient to meet regulatory guidelines and exceed industry standards.
- Participates on teams to solve business problems.
- Identifies modeling opportunities that yield measurable business results.
- Provides guidance to junior validators as and when necessary.
- Manages stakeholder interaction with model developers and business owners during the model life-cycle.
- Represents the bank in interactions with regulatory agencies, as required.
- Presents model validation findings to senior management and supervisory authorities.
- Provides effective challenge to model assumptions, mathematical formulation, and implementation.
- Assesses and quantifies model risk due to model limitations to inform stakeholders of their risk profile and development of compensating controls.
- Contributes to strategic, cross-functional initiatives within the model risk organization.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on MS Excel
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time .
- Practical experience using SAS or similar statistical coding software to build and test prediction models. comfortable interfacing with business clients. proficiency handling very large data sets.
- Experience in a quantitative role in risk management at a financial institution with experience in either model development or validation.
- Good knowledge and understanding of a variety of model development and validation testing techniques covering risk models.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.