Head of Digital Design NAM
Brief Description of the Organization
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve.
Citi’s Global Consumer Bank (GCB) is building a purpose-driven team to serve its globally diverse, digitally forward customers in top cities around the world. We’re looking for exceptional candidates who think digitally and differently, resolve problems in unconventional ways and strive to provide a remarkable experience for our clients. We define success by our Citi Leadership Standards: Develops our People, Drives Value for Clients, Works as a Partner, Champions Progress, Lives our Values and Delivers Results.
Overview of the Role
Reporting to the Global Head of Design, the Digital Design Director is responsible for transforming our organization to one that is digital-first, design-led, and data-driven, with a laser focus on delivering delightful user experiences, under a culture of disciplined innovation. Key focus areas include delivering on a multi-year strategy to improve the user experience across all customer journeys, promoting and enabling legacy to digital transformation, and accelerating business delivery in a safe and sound environment.
Preferably based in Irving Texas, this role will work closely with our Chief Digital Officer, Chief Marketing Officer, Consumer Bank Line of Business (LOB) Heads, and North American technology leadership to define and execute a robust digital strategy and experience design discipline to increase digitization and automation, customer satisfaction, and business results.
As a Design Executive, you will lead teams that partner to deliver industry and market leading customer solutions, exceeding customer expectations and empowering Citi as a leading brand. You will collaborate to define the strategic roadmap for the digital product and technology organization that will support Citi’s business growth verticals, and transform our sales and service capabilities through digital technologies. You are adept in market trends, competitor insights, and how those trends impact our customers and the bottom line. You are passionate about building solutions that drive customer loyalty and are relentless on simplification. You operate with the highest standards of integrity and have business strategic and financial acumen to understand the impact of decisions on economics. You know how to apply design thinking to create world class solution and solving problems, validating them through inwards and outwards research and testing, and getting them implemented end to end to production, with an ongoing quality and continuous feedback and improvement cycle.
- Work closely with the Global Head of Design & Strategy to enhance our operating model and improve design maturity. Build out target-state experience transformation roadmap for North America. Accelerate adoption of experience design practices, identifying opportunities for process improvement and automation, and setting strategy for consumer platform, and product design.
- Direct design of sales and service capabilities across mobile and web user interfaces, driving an innovative experience design while ensuring consistency in UI and UX across channels, product domains, and customer journeys
- Lead with human-centered and data-driven design principles, aligned with revenue, efficiency, and CX business objectives
- Manage large team of employees, subcontractors, and agency relationships to deliver on time and on budget and increase quality of design delivery
- Lead large-scale programs to increase prevalence of design thinking across our most strategic initiatives
- Align with and support our global Design Center of Excellence, networking and collaborating across the franchise to accelerate change adoption and facilitate evolution of a client-obsessed workforce.
- Build, lead, and evolve our next-generation digital design capacity, to meet business and brand needs and expectations while driving a seamless customer experience.
- Understand the entire customer journey, inclusive of digital experiences; Bring talents in the digital space to every touchpoint.
- Lead a technology informed design approach that maintains an open dialogue with engineering and business partners while pushing boundaries to enhance customer interactions.
- Demonstrate deep understanding and creative ownership of digital touchpoints, with a critical eye toward brand consistency, alignment to strategy, user empathy, product knowledge, conversion, and loyalty.
- Guide, teach and push members of the design team in developing concepts and be part of the creative process from strategy to concepts to execution.
- Maintains the highest standards of product usability and design quality and takes the lead role in art direction of specific projects, ensuring that projects are assigned and delivered on deadline.
- Drives the design and development of innovative user interfaces and interaction styles which result in improved user productivity, discoverability and simplicity.
Candidates must have design engineering background and strategy and governance experience, with understanding of product / platform lifecycles. Candidates have strong data-driven analytical skills and be able to operate and thrive in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment, and have a track record of building successful teams.
Ideal candidates will come from an international organization and be a visionary leader in product and software engineering capabilities with a background in design and fostering disciplined innovation in a large scale environment; at least 10 years demonstrated work experience, great analytical skills, strong business judgment, superb communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to resolve conflicts and set priorities, financial management, and outstanding customer insight.
In addition, for this role, we are seeking someone with:
- Proven experience in digital, cross-channel customer experience strategy and operating model transformation.
- Experience and knowledge of the digital marketplace and technology strategies and innovations to deliver digital transformation solutions and experience. Effective leader in defining and presenting the strategies to CxO level
- Deep experience in building customer experience solutions aligned with business strategy and goals, and shaping strategy for technology platforms and digital products
- Demonstrated ability to define, prioritize and deliver best in class software service products
- Proven ability to deliver innovative design solutions aligned with corporate brand guidelines and standards
- Experience running large scale design operations
- Dynamic, engaging style with excellent written and oral communication across different audiences and levels.
- Self-directed, effective at prioritizing tasks, managing time, organizing people and getting things done.
- Collaborative and team player, ensuring overall business success.
- Exceptional influencing skills with sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- A rounded knowledge of operations organization in a large scale, complex organization is critical.
- Successful track record as a change leader in a large and complex environment.
- Possess a track record of transforming a global business through strong execution and delivery.
- Ability to communicate a compelling vision and inspire others to deliver on an ambitious, complex, digital roadmap.
- Ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels within an organization, from the most technical engineer to the most savvy business / executive leader.
- Possess uncompromising ethics, unwavering integrity and understanding of risk & regulatory process, as well as outstanding communications and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with the major line of business activities within a large global financial institution. Broad financial expertise with knowledge of corporate affairs, financial and economic fundamentals, and business policies, products, processes, systems and roles.
- Champions a culture of high standards, pushes for progress, embraces change and challenges the status quo.
- Stays up to date with industry trends and brings industry knowledge to Citi while exemplifying a transformational mindset.
Must Have Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Must be US Citizen or Green Card holder
• Minimum of 10 years of CX, UX, Design, Strategy, and Technology Leadership
• Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a strategic role
Job Family Group:Product Management and Development
Job Family:Digital Product Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs