Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Finance Accounting Lead AnalystApply Now Locations: Irving, Texas Job Function: Finance, Accounting, Operations & Technology Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20207874
The Finance Acctg Lead Analyst is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Supports the management and control data flows to and within Finance applications to ensure integrity and completeness of data, including by preparing and recording financial transactions for legal vehicle and regulatory reporting purposes, updating the general ledger, recording financial transactions, and preparing of consolidated financial statements, in accordance with management reporting requirements, for legal vehicle & regulatory purposes. Also, includes specialized accounting, such as equity compensation, securitization, payroll and investment accounting.
- Provides advises on directional strategy by analyzing subject matter and its application in own job and the business.
- Acts as a technical expert who acts as an advisor on significant business/product decisions.
- Take responsibility for the accurate reporting of accounting reconciliations on Citi reporting tools.
- Review and examine key controls for accounting process across multiple process being handled.
- Focuses on the implementation of policies and procedures.
- Partner with key stakeholders including legal entity managers, e.g., Country, Balance Sheet control group (BSCG), Global process lead (GPL) & Global process owner (GPO) across multiple locations communicating progress on assigned process completion.
- Identify and appropriately highlight / escalate potential issues relating to account with stakeholders such as Regional Balance Sheet control group / Country controllers / Global process lead (GPL) and Global process owner (GPO) and work with them for resolution.
- Applies in-depth understanding of concepts and procedures within own area and advanced knowledge of other areas to resolve issues that have impact beyond own area.
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of how multiple process collectively integrate to contribute to achieving business goals.
- Directly impacts the leadership in multiple process through responsibility for delivery of end results leading to business solutions.
- Ensures essential procedures are followed and contributes to defining standards.
- Provides assurance and partners with audit team to monitor controls and accuracy of accounting.
- Persuades and influences others through strong communication and diplomacy skills.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency
- 6-10 years of relevant accounting experience
- In-depth knowledge US GAAP, Familiarity with finance functions and systems
- Familiarity with banking products and reporting requirements as well as legal vehicle governance and control.
- CPA or Chartered Accountant (preferred but not required)
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.