Director – FCR Complex Entity Senior Lead Reviewer for Counterparty Credit Risk
Global Risk Review (GRR) provides independent, objective, reliable, valued and timely assurance to the Boards, the Committees, the Citigroup Chief Risk Officer, the Citigroup Chief Credit Officer, senior management as regards the ability of the Business and independent Risk Management to identify, monitor and mitigate current and emerging risks. Within GRR, the Fundamental Credit Risk (“FCR”) independent review function assesses the effectiveness of credit risk management.
The DSFT Senior Lead Reviewer manages independent review of complex Wholesale Review Entities and credit portfolios in accordance with the FCR Manual, and provides credible challenge to senior Business and Risk teams. The role requires thorough understanding of regulatory requirements specific to these types of portfolios, as well as the credits within the portfolios.
Responsibilities include execution of Business Monitoring (BM) and Reviews in accordance with the FCR Manual, monitoring, evaluation of strategies and credit risks, assessment of the effectiveness of credit risk management of assigned complex portfolios, proposal of pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues, and maintaining ongoing contact with a Review Entity’s management through continuous BM and corrective action follow-up where applicable.
- Manage complex FCR Review Entities through quarterly BM and periodic Reviews
- Assist the Global Head of Wholesale Credit Review and Region Heads in developing and executing the global Review Coverage Plan including leading Reviews
- Identify emerging risk trends that warrant specific evaluation and propose coverage approach, including through Focused Reviews or alternative assessment method
- Carry out all FCR activities for assigned Review Entities and ensure timeliness of execution in line with established milestones
- Assess the quality and adequacy of credit analysis and exposure analysis as well as accuracy and appropriateness of risk ratings and classifications of credit relationships
- Evaluate the appropriateness of Ratings of assigned Wholesale Review Entities
- Assess the effectiveness of the credit risk processes and standards of assigned Review Entities to promote leading practices and identify opportunities for improvements
- Evaluate Business and Risk staffing levels to determine the effects on assigned Review Entities
- Preparation of Credit Assessment Documents (CAD) in accordance with and at the quality standards required by the FCR Manual and Review guides
- Approval of relationship-level file testing prepared by FCR Credit Reviewers and Guest Reviewers
- Review the appropriateness of Corrective Action Plans (CAP) resulting from Reviews or BM, and subsequent validation of the effectiveness of the same after implementation by the Business
- Provide guidance on CAPs implementation to help ensure a successful validation after implementation by the Business
- Accountability for the quality and consistency of work products that include CADs, Sample Rationale Documents (SRD), and FCR Reports prepared for the assigned Review Entities
- Support the Region Head, the Global Head of Wholesale Credit Review and GRR Senior Management on regional and/or global tasks
- Proactive communication to Region Head and GRR Senior Management of any concerns and/or emerging risks that may jeopardize the assigned Review Entities
- Maintain effective communication with the Business and Independent Risk to ensure a clear understanding of specific requirements for the complex portfolios
- Assist in training on various US regulations and credit policies specific to the assigned portfolios
- Represent FCR and engage as required with Regulators, including providing support needed for the remediation of Matters Requiring Attention (MRA) and other equivalent regulatory issues
- Represent FCR Wholesale in senior Risk and/or Business forums as required
- Stay abreast of economic, regulatory and geopolitical developments impacting assigned Review Entities
- Coordinate the enrolment of Guest Reviewers from Businesses and Risk teams
- Ad hoc projects designated by GRR Senior Management
- Travel Required (15% to 50% depending on Region)
- Demonstrable financial services experience including 15+ years of experience in corporate banking and remedial management
- Deep and extensive capital markets experience in complex structures enabling an individual to deconstruct transactions and understand all the risk points, in particular complex derivative transactions and leveraged finance transactions
- Experience in Banking, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or similar with credit or financial statement analysis experience
- Ability to work at senior levels and build constructive and effective relationships with peers
- Expert in risk analysis and risk management processes for corporate lending areas including assessment of regulatory classifications and risk ratings
- Fully conversant in credit policy matters with proven sound judgment
- Advance knowledge of regulatory frameworks or relevant experience in a similar role at another institution is desirable
- Knowledge of Citi's wholesale credit policies, organization and systems preferred
- Demonstrated history of high ethical standards and discretion in dealing with highly confidential Board and Senior Management material
- Proven ability to interact credibly with senior stakeholders in other control functions such as finance, audit, legal and compliance, as well as senior leaders across the firm
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and communicate root causes and trends as well as to recognize emerging risks
- Strong project and time management skills with the ability to successfully handle large review teams and complex reviews
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to audiences of varying levels of seniority
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and exert influence without direct authority
- Proven attention to detail
- Capable of managing difficult conversations, resolving conflicts and dealing with sensitive and/or controversial issues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Foreign Language skills preferred (Spanish, Portuguese)
- B.A. or B.S. degree or higher in business, finance or a related field Master’s degree preferred
- Senior Credit Officer designation is preferred
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Credit Review Risk Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs