Director, Credit Risk Senior Officer II
The Credit Portfolio Senior Officer II is a senior-level position responsible for leading activities including credit review, credit approvals, monitoring the portfolio to identify credit migration in coordination with the Risk Management team, assisting the business in structuring credit opportunities and ensuring that credit extensions are in compliance with credit policies and display appropriate risk/return attributes. The overall objective of this role is to manage Citi's portfolio exposure to client and counterparties globally. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers.
Position Title: Director, Independent Risk Management Senior Credit Officer Level 2 (SCO2)
- Assist in the structuring of credit opportunities to ensure that risk and reward are appropriately balanced in extending credit.
- Review and approve credit proposals, annual reviews and criticized credit reviews.
- Responsible for oversight and credit approvals (including product/credit standards as applicable) for one or more industry verticals covered by Global & National Industries and Mid Corporate business segments.
- Ensure that all credit extensions are in compliance with target market, collateral, documentation, legal and regulatory requirements as well as risk appetite framework.
- Responsible for Risk oversight and approvals for one or more credit products, including product/credit standards, as applicable.
- Promote a strong and balanced risk management culture and demonstrate rigorous credit analysis in the underwriting and portfolio management processes.
- Lead execution of key projects.
- Provide oversight and mentor a team of in Business Relationship Managers and Credit Officers.
- Assess the implications to other Risk disciplines when approving transactions or statistical methodologies.
- Lead and coordinate cross functional teams to build credit processes and undertake necessary projects.
- Use available tools and portfolio management techniques to effectively identify and assess trends and risks in the portfolio.
- Assess overall risk infrastructure and linkages within Citi's architecture.
- Anticipate client needs (internal and external) and proactively generate ideas to deliver innovative solutions and improve Citi’s competitiveness. Ensure that escalated client issues are resolved with urgency.
- Build partnerships across functions/regions. Create and sustain a network of strong relationships.
- Monitor portfolio performance, monitor exceptions, and recommend, where appropriate, to refocus Business strategy and credit approval workflows to be more effective and efficient in turnaround and the quality of approvals.
- Conduct periodic portfolio, remedial, industry and credit product reviews.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required MBA or equivalent advanced training preferred.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in commercial lending risk management and/or related assignments with at least 3 years’ experience in the U.S.
- Senior Credit Officer Level 2 (SCO2) approval authority or Senior Credit Officer Level (SCO) approval author with expectation of imminent elevation to SCO2, or equivalent required.
- Product or industry expertise preferred.
- Superior risk assessment skills, including problem recognition, defining and structuring solutions to credit related issues.
- Strong technical skills
- Experience in remedial management situations.
- Demonstrate integrity, independence, leadership, judgment and ability to balance risk and reward.
- Conversant in risk principles, including market, operational, cross border and concentration risk.
- Experienced in a wide range of products (including capital markets, derivatives, and leverage finance), industries and type of financing (acquisition, corporate).
- Experience through multiple credit cycles.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity on credit and business issues in reaching decisions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of legal documentation associated with credit risk.
- U.S. collateral perfection requirements.
- Expertise in or the ability to quickly develop the required skill-set in identified specialized segments like healthcare.
- Computer literate: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and familiarity with internal bank systems and platforms. Attention to detail with focus on maintaining data integrity.
- Ability to work closely with Loan Operations, Service, Product Managers, Remedial Management, Legal, and Compliance to achieve the business’s objectives.
- Ability to balance risk and reward. Willingness to support business growth.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Credit & Portfolio Risk Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs