Credit Officer VP
- Interface with and assist bankers in underwriting requests for commercial credit extensions for new and existing clients with ownership responsibilities for sound credit decisions and compliance with internal procedures/credit risk policy guidelines and standards.
- Prepare a detailed written credit summary of commercial applicants requesting credit by analyzing the business, interpreting the finance need, identifying the strengths and prevailing risk factors and rendering a final credit decision.
- Perform detailed financial analysis on companies, including trend and ratio analysis, and interpret the financial information.
- Perform credit and personal financial statement analysis on individuals, guarantors, and co-borrowers in order to evaluate repayment capacity based on cash flow statements, tax returns, and statements.
- Perform industry and geographical research and other due diligence as needed.
- Maintain a solid understanding of Citibank products and services - within Small Business/Commercial Banking and the broader organization.
- Maintain compliance with Citibank credit policies/practices and regulatory policies, to ensure business unit is in adherence to the above and receives satisfactory ratings from internal and external auditors.
- Aid business unit goals by continuous identification of process improvements and efficiencies that reduce costs and improve customer service levels.
- Work with management team on privatization and implementation of approved actions.
- Provide backup to Credit Underwriting Group Manager, lead projects and initiatives and mentor lower level Credit Officers as needed.
- Other duties as required to support business unit and company goals.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years relevant experience
- Proven analytical skills including the ability to read and assess individual and company financial statements, cash flow, industry/competitive analysis and projections; including complicated business structures with foreign subsidiaries and/or parent organizations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of intermediate accounting theory and its practical application in the credit underwriting process
- Excellent organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities, attention to detail, and the ability to complete assignments within required deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Exercises effective inter-personal and written/verbal communication skills, problem recognition and resolution skills, and pro-active disposition with ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Proficient in various spreadsheet and word processing applications (Excel and Word), including the use of graphs and charts and financial analysis software
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs