Controller's Data Certification Manager
The Controller organization is building out a new data team that is focused on building out a core team focused on ensuring data is consumed and produced in alignment with Citi's Data Governance Policy. Citi is looking to build smarter and more efficient ways to operate our business by ensuring quality data is consumed (fit for purpose) and produced by Controllers. We are looking for experts to provide insights on how to ingest, interpret, and manage data. For this role, we are looking for someone who specializes in data management with working knowledge related to Data Quality (DQ) Metrics & Analytics.
The Data Certification Manager will support achieving the objectives of the Finance Transformation, Finance Chief Data Office and Citi's Data Governance Policy. This leader will need a good understanding of the financial services industry, products, and data. This position requires a thorough understanding of the strategic direction of the Finance function, specifically the Controller's role in reporting of financial transactions and ledger accounting and external regulatory reporting. This leader should have excellent communication skills to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. The candidate will be accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation, and contribution to future strategy for the Data Quality (DQ) Metrics & Analytics area(s) within the Controller's data organization. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for leading diverse teams of professionals across different geographies and driving high-quality work products. This role is responsible for ensuring that the Controller's function is aware of, and compliant with, Citi’s Data Governance Policy and any finance data requirements. The individual will also ensure that Citi data lifecycle management processes regarding definition, standardization, privacy, retention, and disposal are robust.
- Accountable for delivering results and influencing change effectively across geographies, business lines, functions, and levels.
- Experienced in data quality rules, data controls, data governance concepts, and tools for data quality measurement and reporting through metrics dashboard.
- Knowledgeable in data quality lifecycle from Critical Data Element (CDE) identification to implementation of data quality controls and monitoring.
- Lead initiatives to create inventory for existing data controls (including current compensating controls) with associated metrics.
- Evaluate and prioritize each control to determine duplication, fit for purpose, sufficiency, and right placement.
- Assess and determine if a control must be enhanced, built as a new control, or eliminated due to duplication.
- Identify risk metric(s) for each priority use case, root cause of what drives the poor data and target thresholds for risk mitigation.
- Support outcomes based on risks, frequency, severity, and costs incurred due to risks.
- Conduct and embed stronger Data Management controls consistent with Citi Data Governance Policy globally across Controller's.
- Provide analytical solutions to senior management and other stakeholders.
- Develop and implement effective data management operating model and procedures
- Liaise between Finance Data and other finance functional areas to lead establishment of data capabilities
- Ability to effectively communicate, both upwards and downwards, across organizational levels. Communicate issues and roadblocks to Finance Data office regularly.
- Align with Finance Chief Data Office, as needed, for any guidance on data policies, framework, and methodology
- Coordinate with technology organization, as needed, for any design and build related to finance data initiatives within DQ Metrics & Analytics
- Practical experience in leading and managing teams through a product life cycle – requirements, design, development, and testing. `
- 8+ years of relevant experience in Data Quality Metrics & Analytics related subject area.
- Practical experience in leading and managing large finance teams.
- Knowledge of Finance business and technical architecture and processes across Books & Records an Regulatory Reporting.
- Functional knowledge of data governance, data quality processes, data controls, and data quality measurement.
- Experience in data quality measurements, controls and metrics dashboard implementations in financial services is preferred.
- Experience in large data platforms, data warehouses, data ingestion and distribution pipelines.
- Experience in leading establishment of data capabilities at an enterprise level.
- Ability to influence senior Finance, Business, Operations and Technology stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver results and influence change effectively across geography and functional areas.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, across organizational levels
- Strong analytical skills, acting as an expert or advisor on data matters
- Experience in requirements gathering, design, and implementation of DQ Metrics & Analytics platform is preferred.
- Self-motivated with the ability to make decisions in absence of detailed instructions.
- Experience in program/project management in using a structured methodology to successfully track, plan, monitor and report on concurrent, multiple projects.
A bachelor's or master’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. engineering, computer science, business, economics, finance, statistics, and/or analytics)
The Controller’s Data team works closely with stakeholders to define, drive and execute an end-to-end process design and implementation efforts across Controller’s activities, including global Finance groups, Finance functions, Chief Data Office (CDO), infrastructure partners and business partners in ICG and GCB. The Team will execute activities in support of Finance Transformation Plan to support data consumption, data production, adjustment reduction and other remediation efforts.
This position will be the lead for the operationalization of data quality standards within Finance’s data strategy execution and is the opportunity to work on projects that are tightly linked to firm wide data quality improvements. This role will be involved in defining the strategic direction for the Controller’s Data team in conjunction with leads from the Controller’s organization and other stakeholders across Citi.
Job Family Group:Finance
Job Family:Balance Sheet Control
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs