Controller Data Transformation Analyst
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do, and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Controller’s Data team is responsible for the execution of enhancements to the data management model within Citi. The team is responsible for understanding the concerns of the stakeholders within the Controller’s organization relative to data quality and availability to assess required solutions to address those issues. The team will be engaged in efforts to remediate the issues through engagement with resolution teams, bridging the gap between the technology teams and the business teams. The Controller’s Data team will coordinate closely with the stakeholders within and external to the Controller’s organization to ensure the successful implementation of Citi’s enhanced data strategy. The focus of the team will be to ensure that data needs of the Controller’s organization are fulfilled with data that is high quality and fit for purpose.
This position will be an analyst role within the team, responsible for the operationalization of data management standards for data produced and consumed by the Controller’s organization. This role will be involved in supporting the data management implementation including defining requirements, supporting implementation, and facilitating consumption of data. The role will require coordination with stakeholders in the Controller’s organization and other stakeholders across Citi. The individual in this roll will focus on data stewardship for one of two primary workstreams: (1) data consumed by Controllers; or (2) data produced by Controllers.
- Coordinate requirements gathering process for Controller’s consumption and/or production of data, working closely with functional teams to understand data needs, including critical data elements, data quality rules, etc.
- Assess functional team requirements and consolidate/standardize to facilitate conversations with upstream data producers and implementation teams
- Analyze data from multiple sources (e.g. reports, scorecards, diagrams) to validate dimensions and impact of data quality issues
- Support the implementation of data management initiatives across Citi to ensure the needs of Controller’s are met and that the data is fit for purpose, collaborating with teams across Citi including the Chief Data Office, Technology, and functional teams
- Contribute to development and maintenance of data lineage, process maps, data concepts and glossaries
- Facilitate the transition of data consumption from existing models to the enhanced data management framework, including defining consumption points, trusted sources, and technology enablers
- Participate in the development of data quality rules and metrics, including dashboards, KPIs, and other measurements of success
- Define and implement data domain metrics and an ongoing data remediation process to ensure sustainability of data framework
- Develop and maintain metrics, scorecards, and dashboards to report on progress
- Facilitate or contribute to status meetings (recurring and ad-hoc) with required stakeholder communities (including senior management) by preparing materials and updates, summarizing issues and risks, defining agreed action items and next steps
- Create project artifacts including, but not limited to: business and functional requirements, user acceptance test plans, and operational readiness documents
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting or related field required, MBA or other advanced degree is a plus
- 3+ years working in the financial services industry or financial data management is required
- Broad experience of Finance or Operational/Technology function within Banking organization preferred
- Experience with controller functions, financial books & records, and/or regulatory reporting is a plus
- Experience in data governance programs with knowledge of data governance principles and practices a plus
- Practical experience of data management, front to back system data flows, data handling, transmission, aggregation and/or data modelling a plus
- Outstanding analytical, strategic and problem-solving skills with ability to break challenges into component parts
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong Influencing skills with the ability to mediate discussions and draw consensus
- Ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously and plan / prioritize appropriately
- Ability to work with stakeholders to elicit and formally define their requirements
- Strong ability to extract information by questioning, active listening and interviewing
- Strong interpersonal skills, with evidence of working in collaboration across large organizations, including a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues/requests
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Job Family Group:Finance
Job Family:Balance Sheet Control
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs