Compliance Product Officer - Consumer Banking
Serves as a U.S Consumer compliance risk officer for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for assisting with internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protect the franchise. In addition, engages with the ICRM Product and Function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet the function/business/product and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework. Primary responsibilities include monitoring compliance risk behaviors and providing day-to-day Compliance advice and guidance on U.S consumer rules/laws and interpretation of internal policies and procedures
Individual will be part of a team that will provide consumer compliance coverage for the U.S. Retail Branch network and for segments of the compliance management program across the broader U.S. Retail Bank organization. With our high-tech, high-touch relationship model, Citibank serves as a trusted advisor to our retail clients at every stage of their financial journey. Through Citi's Retail Branch network we offer an array of products, services and digital capabilities to clients across the full spectrum of consumer banking needs. Support of this business will include, review of products/services across the consumer client life cycle and support of internal compliance controls including key policies and standards, training, monitoring activities and risk assessments. Delivering informed risk management credible challenge to optimize operational and client services for a highly engaged transactional business with consumer customers and transactions spanning across the U.S.
Key activities include:
- Assisting in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class Consumer Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM.
- Providing guidance on rules and regulations relating to operational issues of U.S. Retail Branch network, function/business/product operational issues, as well as, provide transactional approvals and interpretation of internal compliance policies, including:.
- Reviewing the life cycle of products/services and the value proposition tailored for the consumer clients; and
- Delivering informed risk management credible challenge to optimize operational and client services for client facing transactional business with customers spanning across the United States.
- Assisting with regulatory inquiries and/or examinations. This may include coordination with regulators and other parties.
- Collaborating with other internal areas including: Legal, Business Management, Operations, Technology, Finance, other Control Functions, and In-Business Risk to address compliance issues which may impact the supported function/business/product.
- Ability to influence at a senior level using sound judgment; understanding how to operate effectively across multiple lines of business (i.e., Retail Bank and Citi Private Bank).
- Supporting the function/business/product in performing timely compliance reviews of new products.
- Assisting in the development and administration of Compliance training for the supported function/business/product.
- Researching any new reform rules and rule changes and implementing policies, procedures or other controls necessary to comply with the rules.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge and skills Required:
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies including broad knowledge of consumer protection regulations, such as Reg CC, Reg, DD, Reg E, Reg D, Reg. Z, Reg. O and FDIC insurance regulations, as well as Privacy, Fair Lending laws, UDAAP and Treating Customers Fairly.
- Knowledge of retail banking products, services and banking packages, as well as back office processing and procedures.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to both work collaboratively and independently; ability to navigate a complex organization
- Advanced analytical skills
- Ability to both work independently and collaborate with team members
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated knowledge in area of focus
- Ability to influence at a senior level using sound judgment; understanding how to operate effectively across multiple lines of business (i.e., Retail Bank and Citi Private Bank)
Education level and/or relevant experience(s) Required:
- Bachelor’s degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; strong working knowledge of function/business/product supported and the related operations and financial requirements
- Preferred: MBA or JD
- Related certifications desirable, such as CRCM.
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Job Family:Product Compliance Risk Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs