Communication & Engagement Lead – VP
The Communication & Engagement Lead role is part of a high impact, globally distributed group within the Office of the Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
We’re building a team to ‘decode’ technology at Citi. This position will play a key role in ensuring that the CTO’s work is visible and understood across all areas of the bank (especially by non-technologists), as well as in externally showcasing Citi’s global technological leadership. The Office of the CTO works with everyone from engineers and innovators, to regulators and senior executives – and for every audience, we will translate messaging to ensure the maximum impact.
The role will be heavily involved in Citi’s innovation ecosystem outreach, including leading the organization and communication of innovation-focused internal and external activities, and partnering with the CTO Innovation Enablement team on creating impactful outreach to innovators around the world. We’re looking to ramp up our CTO’s external engagement in a smart, resourceful way, and leverage & amplify the efforts of other groups within the Citi technology ecosystem.
This position will also play a major role in Citi’s continued development as a destination for technology talent, requiring partnerships across many stakeholders, a willingness to think outside the box, and the ability to keep up with current trends in technology.
The Communication & Engagement team is a key strategic function and will take part in wider departmental initiatives. This is a challenging remit, but with the scale and variety comes a unique opportunity to be agents of cultural and technical change who have a huge impact on the bank.
About the Department
The Office of the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) is managed by a new group, internally known as the CTO Policy, Innovation Enablement and Strategy (CTO-PIES) team.
Focus areas of the CTO-PIES team include:
- Fulfilling Citi’s regulatory commitments to mitigate strategic risk by ensuring Citi’s ability to deliver efficient, high-quality solutions and technologies through well-written technical policies and standards on a growing journey toward automation.
- Coordinating foundational macro technology strategies for the firm, ensuring Citi’s readiness to safely leverage new technologies, and helping inform the regulatory modernization work of global policymakers.
- Helping the entire firm remain abreast of Citi’s evolving direction on technology, and creating an environment such that Citi remains a competitive destination for the best technical talent in the marketplace.
There are ~85,000 technologists across Citi with great ideas, passion, and enthusiasm – CTO-PIES is here to unlock that potential and ensure that Citi is always ready for change.
- Support the development of an easy-to-digest narrative that enables colleagues to understand the initiatives and goals of the CTO, how it affects their work, and what resources are available.
- Reach out to key internal players and gather stories of success for high-quality, high-perspective content from across the firm that aligns with and reinforces CTO direction.
- Track key long-term communication themes and tactical topics, in partnership with CTO Strategy and CTO Innovation Enablement.
- Help develop a creative communication strategy to authentically promote Citi technology initiatives externally, showcasing current talent and future projects.
- Support the launch of and curate content for Citi’s external technology-focused landing page, in coordination with technology groups across Citi.
- Equip Citi’s leadership with standard technology talking points to convey CTO-aligned firm-wide positions on new and emerging technologies, and on Citi’s overall tech strategies.
- Support organization and communication of internal and external events that foster a culture of safe innovation (in partnership with CTO Innovation Enablement) and CTO’s outreach to the innovation ecosystem globally.
- Curate relevant, impactful, and relatable content on a variety of written channels, including newsletters, MS Teams, intranet, email campaigns, videos, town halls and other channels.
- This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Characteristics & Qualifications:
- Charismatic and engaging communicator who can stand their ground in the face of disagreement or cynicism.
- Excellent simplifier and ‘decoder’. Proven experience translating complicated concepts into accessible language for a range of audiences.
- Strong writer, able to shape persuasive articles – a writing sample may be requested.
- Execution focused with a passion for delivering quality and change at pace.
- Able to negotiate and influence at all levels. Collaborative by nature.
- Creative and innovative, brings different angles to problems and provides new solutions.
- Risk and security focused, putting diligent risk management and security at the core of everything they do.
- Extraordinary attention to detail and confidence with project tracking, reports, metrics, and presentations.
- Strong public speaker, able to engage and excite audiences a plus.
- Always user-focused, with a design thinking mindset.
- Experience ideating or executing events (live, virtual, or hybrid) a plus.
- Ability to design infographics a plus.
- Proficient in Office365 (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience.
Our commitment to diversity includes a workforce that represents the clients we serve globally from all walks of life, backgrounds, and origins. We foster an environment where the best people want to work. We value and demand respect for others, promote individuals based on merit, and ensure opportunities for personal development are widely available to all. Ideal candidates are innovators with well-rounded backgrounds who bring their authentic selves to work and complement our culture of delivering results with pride. If you are a problem solver who seeks passion in your work, come join us. We’ll enable growth and progress together.
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com | Twitter: @Citi | YouTube: www.youtube.com/citi | Blog: http://blog.citigroup.com | Facebook: www.facebook.com/citi | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/citi.
Job Family Group:Communications and External Relations
Job Family:Communications Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs