CBORC-Tech - GCT Chief Operations Office/Data & Analytics Risk Head/C15
This Risk Manager role will be part of the Consumer Business Operational Risk & Control - Tech Organization reporting to the Global CBORC-Tech Head and will matrix report to the GCT Chief Operations Office CIO and Data & Analytics CIO. The role will coordinate closely with stakeholders across Technology and the Data Governance Office and will drive global engagement on issues as needed. The GCT Chief Operations Office and Data & Analytics organizations provide services including technology strategy coordination, global project management, and data management.
This role is a strategic role given the importance of managing the day-to-day, in-business control activity across the Chief Operations Office and Data & Analytics organizations, which provide services on behalf of all GCT regions. The role requires a working knowledge of technology controls, data security, and application lifecycle management principles, as well as a thorough understanding of industry and corporate technology standards for Risk Management. Activities include oversight of the Risk Control resources monitoring processes and procedures needed to achieve Risk & Control management across the Chief Operations Office and Data & Analytics organizations, as well as partnering with Chief Operations Office and Data & Analytics leadership to define strategies for process maturity and control enhancement impacting all of GCT.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide thought leadership and proactively identify risk by analyzing emerging threats and potential impact to the business and partnering on the development of solutions to mitigate business exposure by leveraging analytical and technical skills;
- management of the IT Risk Control Program for GCT Chief Operations Office and Data & Analytics, including the development and measurement of key risk indicators;
- oversight of the corrective action program for GCT Chief Operations Office and Data & Analytics;
- management of all activities related to external/internal audits and reviews affecting GCT Chief Operations Office and Data & Analytics;
- oversight of the Manager Control Assessment (MCA) programs within GCT Chief Operations Office and Data & Analytics;
- advises and provides direction to senior business and IT leaders on risk management decisions;
- resolves the highest impact, highest profile problems/projects with significant business impact through in-depth evaluation of complex business processes, system processes, and industry standards;
- directly impacts the business through contribution to technical direction and strategic decisions related to GCT Chief Operations Office and Data & Analytics risk management;
- influences and negotiates with senior leaders (across functions) to deliver risk management capabilities;
- and oversight of the operational risk program for GCT Chief Operations Office and Data & Analytics. The candidate will also be responsible for the management of a staff of 5 or more exempt officers as well as coordination with and participation in cross-functional teams associated with GCT Risk Control and other Technology initiatives.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Knowledge of Technology risk and control tools and techniques and an ability to coach and manage others in using them;
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders and establish governance with first, second and third line of defense of identifying and managing risks for Consumer Technology. Engage in regional risk forums, BRCC, Internal & External Audit Exams for GCT Chief Operations Office and Data & Analytics.
- Perform targeted assessments to evaluate operational risk of new strategic initiatives.
- Perform targeted reviews of entity tech processes and execution maturity
- Perform risk maturity reviews of product suite of applications.
- Ensure there is a strong Escalation culture throughout Global Consumer Technology;
- Work with Technology teams (directly) as well as business teams to ensure adequate preparation for upcoming audits and exams;
- Orchestrate and drive the successful & timely completion of regulatory and Audit commitments working in partnership with all relevant stakeholders;
- Communicate to all stakeholders (including Senior Management) on a timely basis in a clear way verbally and formally
- Strong People Management skills. Ability to lead, coach and develop direct reports across the organization. Focus on leading a productive work environment and drive employee engagement efforts across the organization in order to drive the culture with the team.
- Identifies reputational risk and its operational/financial cause/effects. Manages situations that create risk and legal liabilities for Citi.
- Knowledgeable about risk systems infrastructure including key processes, coverage and data flows in order to identify risk effectively.
- 10 years’ experience in a dynamic Technology Risk and Control environment
- Working knowledge of Technology risk management standards/processes
- Strong knowledge of data management practices
- Demonstrated track record in bringing value to the CIO through being an effective Partner and Challenger in the right circumstances;
- Demonstrated ability to execute risk assessments and deliver actionable mitigation recommendations;
- Demonstrated ability to define and implement effective control monitoring metrics and thresholds;
- Demonstrated ability to independently operate in a complex, cross Line of business environment;
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills which can be leveraged to consistently succeed at all levels of the organization;
- Minimum education at a Bachelor's Degree level;
- Experience in working with Risk and Control tools which are relevant to a dynamic Technology environment – e.g. Change Management, Agile, MCA, KRI’s, CitiRisk etc.;
- Experience and ease in interfacing with Senior Management and Regulators;
- Individual should be analytical, flexible, team-oriented, have good interpersonal, communication, and follow-up skills with strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Governance experience essential.
- Bachelor’s/University degree and managerial experience
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Operational Risk
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs