CBORC Risk Control Head – NAM Operations
Citi’s Global Consumer Bank, Consumer Business Operational Risk and Control (CBORC) organization drives consistency for addressing Operational Risk and Control issues within the Global Consumer Business (GCB). CBORC fosters a culture of control, customer centricity and accountability by leading efforts to identify, anticipate and mitigate regulatory, reputational and operational risks. This position will be part of the Global Consumer Bank Operations & Fraud Prevention CBORC organization.
The Global Consumer Bank Operations & Fraud Prevention (GCB OFP) CBORC Operational Risk Lead will report directly to the Head of GCB OFP CBORC NAM Operations and be a key contributor to the Operational Risk governance and practices of GCB Operations & Fraud Prevention, with specific focus on North America Operations.
The Operational Risk Group Manager manages multiple teams of senior professionals through other senior managers. Requires thorough understanding of Operational Risk, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in Operations. Excellent communication skills required in order to influence a wide range of audiences. This position will require interaction with both internal and external stakeholders, including regulators which could have a major impact on the area managed, and possibly on other related areas and organization as a whole. Position requires ability to balance short-term requirements with long-term vision, and the fortitude to know when one needs to act versus plan. In addition to managing governance routines and disciplines, this role will be responsible for execution of Operational Risk Management requirements across multiple MCA entities. This role will work closely with leaders across GCB OFP as well as CBORC, both regionally and globally to embed a strong and sustainable risk culture within the organization.
A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also valuable in order to contribute to the objectives of the business. The position also requires a thorough understanding of strategic direction of the Consumer Bank combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both Compliance and Operational risk stripes.
- Establishes and oversees the application of operational risk policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- Identifies risks and drive actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Works with colleagues in other areas of Risk Management, Finance, Compliance/Control and the Businesses to assure appropriate management of Operational Risk processes
- Drives the strategic direction of Operational Risk Management for the Consumer group
- Facilitates accurate and appropriate reporting of operational risks to senior management
- Ensures there is a strong and effective escalation culture
- Takes action as required to implement corrective action plans, ensuring consistency in reporting and data integrity.
- Ensure transparent and thorough reporting to identify, mitigate, monitor and measure risk in all categories.
- Collaborate across regions, businesses and functions to improve the identification, quantification, measurement, management, reporting and controls in governance, risk management and internal control environments.
- Leverage available tools and processes to support process owners in the design and development of effective controls and monitoring methods, with a focus on automation and efficiency
- Provides Operational Risk oversight to assure policy and regulatory compliance
- Identifies emerging operational risks in the context of the current economic, regulatory and business environment and assure that measures are being taken to mitigate these risks.
- 15+ years relevant experience
- Experienced in Operational Risk. Knowledge of other risk disciplines (market risk, credit risk) a plus.
- Demonstrated analytical ability; asks insightful questions, break analytical challenges into workable components and draws meaningful conclusions. Well versed in breaking down complex matters into core issues and root causes that can be more readily addressed.
- Proficient in developing new ideas to mitigate risk and improve current processes.
- Prioritizes high impact potential problems effectively. Consistently reads different situations accurately and takes appropriate action to gain senior colleague/ client commitment. Articulates clearly how risk technology supports unit's business, as well as the issues due to gaps between the current technology and known business requirements. Ability to measure and assess the impact of stress shocks including fat-tailed risks. Well-versed in reviewing the dimensions of franchise risk.
- Advanced Leadership skills Operates as a leader, with an understanding and appreciation for diverse backgrounds.
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred and managerial experience
This role may be eligible to sit at other US Citi locations.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Operational Risk
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs