Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
C14 SVP Internal Audit - Quality Assurance - Technology - Data QualityApply Now Locations: Irving, Texas, Tampa, Florida Job Function: Internal Audit Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19135727
Citi's Internal Audit (IA) division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally. IA is a change agent within Citi to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe. IA maintains a Quality Assurance (QA) function that reports to the Citi Chief Auditor and the Group Audit Committee. The QA function provides independent assurance that IA has achieved and is maintaining appropriate standards of internal audit delivery (set against both IA’s own internal standards and the Standards and Code of Ethics of the Institute of Internal Auditors).
The role involves close liaison with the global audit teams to ensure appropriate understanding, access to and the correct application of the IA methodology. In this role you will be partnering with the audit teams responsible for IA Technology – Data Quality globally and also supporting the global QA team across all regions. The role is based in Tampa/Irving and reports to the QA Director – Technology and Innovation based in Tampa, Florida, USA.
- Operate independently as a QA partner across the assigned SME teams, forming partnerships at all levels within IA. Support the QA Director (QAD) in fostering a strong QA partnership with the Chief Auditors.
- Lead QA reviews and provide assurance over the quality of IA’s work via formal QA products (e.g., Scorecards, Thematic Reviews, Hot reviews, Continuous Improvement Reviews and Targeted Reviews). Specifically assess the IA Technology – Data Quality function and propose a QA work plan to meet the needs of stakeholders both within IA and external regulators.
- Gains deep expertise in Citi’s data quality policies, programs and regulatory commitments, and IA’s coverage of these areas.
- Provide day-to-day support and guidance to the assigned audit teams on methodology-related matters by leveraging experiencing and using professional judgement.
- Be a change agent in the continuous improvement program to deliver and maintain a best in class QA function, sharing best practices and lessons learned with the IA teams
- Contribute to continued improvement in IA methodology and coverage through the delivery of QA products.
- Lead and coordinate delivery of methodology training to auditors, including tailored training as and when needed.
- Assist the QAD by leading reviews of Audit Reports, Issue Validation Work papers, and other IA products.
- Establish and consistently maintain professional working relationship with IA Directors and CAs; assist the QAD in maintaining IA stakeholder communications through monthly meetings as assigned by the QAD.
- Lead in the review and improvement of global IA methodology and practices, including innovation initiatives.
- Assist with periodic ad-hoc projects (e.g., research and development of QA specific training).
- Assist the QAD in reviewing key internal QA deliverables and external deliverables.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and meet strict deadlines, both internal and external (e.g., regulators).
- Willingness to assist other QADs on an ad-hoc basis to ensure consistent utilization.
- 10+ years of experience in a related role
- Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) preferred. Statistical, Computer Science or Computer Engineering qualifications will be an advantage.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding Technology and Data Quality control disciplines is an advantage.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Demonstrated success in business, functional and people management
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to remain unbiased in a diverse working environment
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.