Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
AVP, Model/Anlys/Valid Sr. AnalystApply Now Locations: Irving, Texas Job Function: Risk Management Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19143353
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Model Risk Management (“MRM”) provides oversight for the MRM Framework, which consists of the policy, processes, and procedures. This Model Validation role is a member of the Consumer Valuation Models group within Model Risk Management. The validator will support model validation activities for Risk Models in Consumer Risk area. Key Responsibilities include: - Manage the end-to-end model review and validation workflows for new and existing models, under the supervision of the validation lead for the corresponding area; - Prepare comprehensive model validation reports to support the validation outcome; - Identify and track model limitations, ensure appropriate remediation actions are in place and monitored; - Assist the validation lead on quarterly and annual model performance review, ongoing validation, and model inventory reconciliation; - Interact with stakeholders such as model developers, model sponsors, and model users on model risk management related activities. Provide effective challenge on conceptual soundness, data quality, and model development process; - Conduct research and testing on ad-hoc technical topics, and disseminate results/ deliver training
:Provide independent review and effective challenge on quantitative statistical models (like segmentation, regression and machine learning etc) used across consumer credit life cycle, including but not limited to acquisition, customer management, collection and fraud.
In performing this primary duty, the candidate will perform the following specific tasks:
- Assess and challenge models design, theory and framework proposed by developers through usage and interpretation of key statistical tests to assess model development quality through all phases of model development lifecycle including segmentation, variable transformation and selection, parameter tuning and testing, and validation.
- Perform data testing, including code development, to ensure that modeling data details align with assumptions and documentation provided by model developer and to ensure data quality meets rigorous usage standards.
- Coordinate and communicate with model sponsors and developers across global Citi business areas to ensure models are developed and implemented in a consistent manner with a key focus on ensuring business needs of the model sponsors will be properly addressed through implementation of the model.
- Minimum of Master’s degree in a quantitative field (like Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer science, etc.)
- Higher academic qualifications and/or certifications such as a PhD, a second Master’s degree, CPA or CFA is a plus
- 3 to 5 years in relevant consumer finance or credit card industry experience to include loss forecasting/stress testing/consumer risk model development, maintenance, tracking and management
- Must have a strong background in statistical modelling techniques.
- Good understanding of Model Risk Management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.