Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
AVP, Implementation & Solutions Sr. AnalystApply Now Locations: Irving, Texas Job Function: Risk Management Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20156913
Citi is of the world’s largest, most analytically sophisticated financial service providers with activities spread over 50+ countries.
Expertise in quantitative analysis is central to our success in all these markets. Our modelers thrive in a culture of mutual respect, excellence and innovation. We have several opportunities available for top-notch quantitative professionals.
This position is part of Citi’s Economic Forecasting Team (EFT) under Quantitative Risk and Stress Testing (QRS); a global risk function. EFT is responsible for producing forecasts for thousands of variables (macroeconomic and financial) and alternative scenarios for all regulatory stress tests and variables used for loan loss reserves modeling processes. Currently, the Economic Forecasting Team is responsible for generating base case and alternative scenarios for Bank Holding CCAR, Regulatory FRB CCAR Scenarios, Mid Cycle Stress Test (MCST), Annual Corporate Plans, CECL and IFRS-9 multiple scenarios. Macroeconomic variables ranges from real and nominal variables, national income accounts, current accounts, international investment positions leading to various industry and regional level activity variables. Financial variables focus on implied and realized volatilities, credit spreads, CDS spreads, asset prices, swap rates, sovereign rates, term structure of interest rates, FX rates, commodity spot and forward rates.
The Solutions Design & Implementation team is a special support function within the Economic Forecasting Team and is responsible for implementing developed models into the production system, new regulatory programs, and internal projects. The team utilizes areas of data science, business analysis, and project management to implement any new initiatives and improve and automate current processes. The team also takes lead in setting up standardization of coding practices and packaged libraries and design of the analytics platform team uses to forecast the macroeconomic scenarios.
- Research and develop implementation methods to implement various macroeconomic and financial models into a production environment
- Build, test, maintain, and improve implementation codes to be introduced in the production environment
- Implement any new initiatives or programs end-to-end and maintain documentations, including process workflows, frameworks, and governance
- Identify opportunities and implement strategies for automation and improvements in the current processes
- Identify and communicate project risks, define mitigation strategies and manage to solution
- Perform business analysis, outline problems and figure out opportunities and solutions for the team
- Continually improve and automate manual workflows and analytics to support team functions, including QA, data visualization and presentations
- Advise and consult in formulating and setting strategic direction for processes, organizations, and architectures
- Following and analyzing economic, financial and political developments in key developed and emerging market economies, assessing vulnerabilities, and making economic forecasts.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to provide support and strategic solutions to mitigate and resolve any identified risks or problems
- Partner with product managers, project managers, program managers, and other process owners to define the team needs and vision/business value for projects and programs to devise possible solutions
- Partner with Finance and Risk Infrastructure (FRI) and IT to ensure that the models and enhancements are correctly implemented and integrated in Citi’s Risk systems
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in STEM or other quantitative fields required (Mathematics, Statistics, Financial Engineering, Quantitative Finance etc.) with 2-3 years of Quantitative experience.
- Fewer years of relevant experience will be considered for candidates with higher academic qualifications and/or certifications such as a PhD, a second Master’s degree, CPA or CFA
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience or advanced academic background in relevant field of study
- Academic preparation in the form of formal courses in time series analysis, basic econometrics, macroeconomics or forecasting is favored
- At least intermediate level background in Python, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and basic understanding in R, SAS or MATLAB. Such background may be obtained from formal courses at the university; MOOC’s and/or work experience
- Ability to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformations
- Ability to independently investigate problems, collect data/information, and research topics
- Strong ability to evaluate information and think outside of the box to come up with effective solutions
- An understanding of basic SQL queries.
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Advanced background in Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Business Analytics, Data Science or related field of study
- Proficiency in and/or ability to understand key time series econometric and statistical techniques (such as time series forecasting, single equation forecasting models, regression models, cross-sectional modeling and basic systems equations modeling).
- 0-2+ years of experience with SAS, R, MATLAB and advanced background in Python
- 0-2+ years of experience with large-scale data analysis
- Background or experience in project management, business analysis, or process implementation
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence others
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.