Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Audit Manager - US Consumer BankingApply Now Locations: Irving, Texas, Tampa, Florida Job Function: Internal Audit Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20197392
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1000 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role directs the timely delivery of high quality; value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates, and of Citi’s respective regulators, globally.
The US Consumer Audit Team covers all aspects of the retail banking, cards, mortgage, or asset management lifecycle including audit coverage of product development and product implementation across all channels including through branches, phones, and digital channels. This also includes originations, servicing operations, compliance, third party oversight, and risk management. The team consists of approximately 60 professionals located in Florida, New York, and Texas.
- Develops and executes a robust Audit Plan, by reviewable entity, for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Citigroup and Citibank policies.
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports, business monitoring and further opines on the adequacy of corrective actions in response to Internal Audit issues and possibly Regulatory issues.
- Manages audit activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the audit annual plan, specifically a subset of Citi’s US Consumer businesses or the operations that support these businesses. These primarily include Cards, Retail Banking, Mortgage, and Wealth Management products.
- Applies in-depth level of expertise in one or more of the corporation's businesses and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams. Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology.
- Manages, during audits, a small team of Internal Audit professionals. Develops talent, builds effective teams, and manages a budget.
- Possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of different Internal Audit standards, policies and local regulations; applies a broad and comprehensive knowledge of high risk areas primarily linked to Citi’s Consumer businesses, as well as the regulatory compliance and supplier management risks associated with these functions.
- Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses.
- Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach.
- Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and recognized as a leadership role model.
- Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
- Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues. Analyzes reporting findings; Recommends appropriate interventions where needed. Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems. Partners with Directors and Managing Directors to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues.
- Serves as lead auditor for all types of audits.
- Independently completes assigned audits within budgeted timeframes and budgeted costs which may include intermittent travel.
- Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process.
- Recommends appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues. Identifies inconsistencies in data or results and defines business issues. Challenges policies, procedures or practices and formulates recommendations as necessary.
- Applies knowledge of key regulations to influence audit scope.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
- Audit Manager or Lead Auditor experience with experience in business and functional people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding solid business understanding of Consumer Banking products and servicing. Audit experience covering consumer banking products offered through digital channels or experience developing analytics solutions is a plus.
- Demonstrates experience in managing project teams and managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery within a matrix reporting environment. Ability to multi-task and maintain timely delivery and success of critical assignments and deliverables.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
- Must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment and take feedback from peers and seniors to be leveraged in future assignments.
- Must be able to independently research assignments, apply learnings, and provide peers and seniors with relevant assessments and conclusions or opinions.
- Should consistently demonstrate ability to take initiative, be eager to learn, demonstrate increased understanding of competencies, and anticipate progressive increases in responsibilities.
- Ability to travel for related audit activity 25 – 30%.
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.