Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Audit Manager - TechnologyApply Now Locations: Irving, Texas, Mexico, Warsaw, Mazovia, Ciudad De Mexico, Ciudad De Mexico Job Function: Internal Audit Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19102921
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1800 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role directs the timely delivery of high quality, value added issue validations for a global portfolio of technology issues, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates, and of Citi’s respective regulators, globally. On the need basis leadership and participation in the global audit and business monitoring activities.
This position is responsible for managing and executing issue validations and audit assignments relating to Global Consumer Banking (GCB) Technology globally. The Issue Validation HUB responsible for this area provides full coverage of corrective action plans and issues relating to Consumer Banking systems. The IA GCB Technology team has about 40 staff globally performing audit assurance relating to Consumer Banking systems.
- Develops and executes a robust corrective action plan and issue validation, for assigned areas in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Citigroup and Citibank policies
- Delivers on time high quality issue validation reports and workpapers, including Internal Audit and Regulatory reporting as appropriate
- Manages issue validation activities for a component of Global Consumer Banking Technology at the global level
- Provides high quality audit reports, business monitoring and governance committee reporting, where appropriate
- Applies in-depth level of expertise in consumer banking systems and technology processes and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in IV HUB
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of data analytics
- Possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of different Internal Audit standards, policies and local regulations; applies a broad and comprehensive knowledge of high risk areas around Citi’s Consumer Banking systems, Citi technology processes, and regulatory compliance in these areas
- Promotes the professional development of Internal Audit staff within the team and coaches junior staff during and outside of issue validation assignments
- Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses
- Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the issue validation approach
- Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and recognized as a leadership role model
- Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives
- Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues
- Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems. Partners with Directors and Managing Directors to develop approaches for addressing re-opened issues
- Serves as lead reviewer for all types of reviews
Qualifications and Competencies:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus
- Experience in technology audit, functional and/or people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables
- Able to take ownership and responsibility for on-time and at high quality delivery of assigned tasks
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines and a business understanding of consumer banking systems, digital channels and products as well as technology processes relating to development and support of these types of systems
- Demonstrable knowledge of technology and consumer banking related regulations. Experience with regulations across multiple countries considered as a plus
- Knowledge of banking infrastructure components, institutional banking applications and global corporate applications considered as a plus
- Advanced MS Excel, VBA and SharePoint programming skills considered a plus
- Demonstrable knowledge of deploying audit assurance techniques using data analytics
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an effective communicator, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
- Strong team player who is actively committed to personal development, active team contribution/knowledge sharing and identifying improvement opportunities
- Opportunity to work in an international environment in an independent position
- Cooperation with a high quality team in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world's leading companies
- Excellent working environment
- Elastic working hours
- Attractive conditions of employment and benefits
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - PL
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.